Malick Thiaw

James

Finding a better player than Schar, probably not too hard. 

Finding a better defender than Schar, probably not too hard

Finding a better defender, that is also a better player than Schar is a completely different proposition. Some of his passing is outrageous, some of his goals are equally as outrageous, he's also looked just as good on the left and on the right of CB

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Botman was better than Schar before his first injury. Wasn’t that hard signing him.

No chance. Not in a million years.

Wasn't Miodrag Pivas our new Serbian signing supposed to be Schar's understudy? I remember from his highlight reels, he seems to have a good passsing range too. 

7 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

No chance. Not in a million years.

I mean, it's all about opinions, but it's hardly that extreme to think Botman was paying better than Schar before he was injured like :lol:

9 hours ago, M1tche said:

Finding a better player than Schar, probably not too hard. 

Finding a better defender than Schar, probably not too hard

Finding a better defender, that is also a better player than Schar is a completely different proposition. Some of his passing is outrageous, some of his goals are equally as outrageous, he's also looked just as good on the left and on the right of CB

Finding a better looking defender than Schär? Impossible! 

I remember when everyone was raging at whenever Mike Williamson tried his 60 yard zingers.

Like the fact that he can play rightback too - gives us some flexibility in changing which side of the defence we play our attacking fullback on depending on the opposition.

4 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Unusual for Eddie to comment on a player like that 

He's applying pressure to Mitchell to get the deal done.

There's a bit of "Ok then hotshot, let's see you do better than we managed for the last couple of years".

Think it's a bit of a leap to say he's applying pressure to the club. I think he also has to give away a tiny bit to the press occasionally just to keep them onside and stop them going totally rogue. Especially at a sensitive time for the club. He would've looked daft if he'd said 'Malik who?'.

It was slightly tongue in cheek tbh, should probably have put a daft smilie in there somewhere.

That said it was also maybe 17% serious, you have to admit Eddie likes to play mind games (allegedly).

13 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Tbh I think that's probably a good sign that he's even acknowledged the player's existence.

Aye, saying there's no updates kind of acknowledges that it's a situation we're involved with which there could potentially be updates on. Otherwise feel he'd have said outright that we're not interested or something like "good player but I don't talk about other clubs' players".

18 minutes ago, TRon said:

It was slightly tongue in cheek tbh, should probably have put a daft smilie in there somewhere.

That said it was also maybe 17% serious, you have to admit Eddie likes to play mind games (allegedly).

Fair enough, although Kev Lawson was implying something similar in his tweet too.

Yeah if nothing’s happening Eddie will usually say exactly that. He’s very reluctant to “talk about other team’s players” and he’s always so pragmatic. Even the fact that he’s said he’s a very good player says a lot about his confidence in a potential deal.

10 hours ago, magorific said:

Jesus wept. Still talking sh*t, after all these years..

I think the vast majority would agree with me re. Schar and Botman, but whatevs if you want to randomly make it personal.