Will Osula

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Always has been strange that we don't have any young strikers anywhere near the team. Hopefully he's able to make an impact when he does get a chance. 

Well, not exactly strange given how weak we've been at youth level, but it has been a big weakness for us. Gives us an extra option in difficult situations and, to put it bluntly, puts another player on the financial conveyor belt.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully we keep Wilson as well, not against the signing, but if he’s second choice I’d be a bit wary of him having to play lots of games in case of an injury to isak.

Think we've made this signing because Wilson will be staying.

The injury he picked up pretty much put aside any worthwhile sale of value.

Also appears the injury isn't a major one too, and he should be back by game week 3 or so at the latest.

For absolutely no reason at all I reckon he’s a slight upgrade on Rivière & I don’t think we’ve ever really replaced him.

Edited by KDT

No problem at all with the club looking to invest in young potential. Not seen much/any of him personally but he fits the profile and as others have said he'll get minutes and gets to develop and work within a great coaching team and squad. For years we moaned about ignoring the youth teams and having virtually no talent in reserve and now that looks to be changing. He might turn out to be an absolute bargain - if he doesn't quite cut it then he's still young enough to sell on and recoup some cash back in the process. Nice to be functioning like a normal PL team

Raw striker with potential at a young age. Just what we need really for 2nd or 3rd choice. Worse case, doesn’t work out but make money back, best case, strong squad player / future profits.

Hopefully start of more deals coming in areas we actually need to improve the starting XI.

Just now, midds said:

No problem at all with the club looking to invest in young potential. Not seen much/any of him personally but he did the profile and as others have said he'll get minutes sand when to develop and work within a great coaching team and squad. For years we moaned about ignoring the youth teams and having virtually no talent  reserve and now that looks to be changing. He might turn out to be an absolute bargain - if he doesn't quite cut it then he's still young enough to sell on and recoup some cash back in the process. Nice to be functioning like a normal PL team

Think the young talents signed this summer is a really promising sign.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Better goal ratio per 90 than Hojlund.

If that's the case you should get a decent fee off Brighton for him in a couple of years. 

I can't get my head round the "underwhelming" comments.

Part of the reason Mitchell was brought in was to help navigate PSR. He's a great eyeball scout who found plenty of rough gems for both Southampton and Spurs, before they become household names.

We absolutely still need a plug and play CB and a RW, but nothing wrong with this type of signing for third choice striker. It's low risk with a high upside.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I can't get my head round the "underwhelming" comments.

Part of the reason Mitchell was brought in was to help navigate PSR. He's a great eyeball scout who found plenty of rough gems for both Southampton and Spurs, before they become household names.

We absolutely still need a plug and play CB and a RW, but nothing wrong with this type of signing for third choice striker. It's low risk with a high upside.

Also considering that many on here have been discussing the need for a young third choice striker. Well, here he is.