Will Osula

Just now, KaKa said:

Post. Was only earlier this week this came up I think.

Just now, Bunk Moreland said:

Think it was only the other day

Thought so. But don't follow the links that religiously so wasn't sure!

1 minute ago, BergenMagpie said:

Found this from 2022. Might've just been rumours though

Hmm. I guess all England based kids are on our radar to some extent, though.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's the height, speed and comfort on the ball.

We've definitely sought out a youngster with those same traits.

Watching Isak day in day out could really aid his progression then if he joins.

Quite like this one as a potential signing, if Wilson is hanging around.

I imagine deciding what type of striker to bring in and at what cost, was going to have some impact on the spending in other positions.

Now we've moved decisively on this, hopefully we see other decisive movement regarding the first team now.

Edited by KaKa

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think we've made this signing because Wilson will be staying.

The injury he picked up pretty much put aside any worthwhile sale of value.

Also appears the injury isn't a major one too, and he should be back by game week 3 or so at the latest.

Yeah but for how long will he be back...

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Watching Isak day in day out could really aid his progression then if he joins.

Quite like this one as a potential signing, if Wilson is hanging around.

Yes, absolutely.

The whole environment just seems really good for learning and development at the minute.

And we also have a number of first team players that are top pros and great characters.

3 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Yeah but for how long will he be back...

I know ...

I'm really hoping the right winger that comes in is good upfront too, and more experienced there than Gordon is.

Think that would put us in really good stead.

Happy with this. Seems to have every attribute to succeed as a striker in the prem. He’s big, quick and can finish (youth level). Just needs some time and coaching to transfer that to senior level but playing for a team like us that creates a lot of chances compared to 10-20 minutes per game for one of the worst ever PL teams should hopefully help him develop. 

Don't know anything about the lad but I prefer this type of signing to wasting 35/40 million on someone like DCL. 

You are never going to get a top class striker happy to come here and be second choice to Isak, especially with Wilson still here . He's cheap and young with bags of potential , not sure what's not to like .

Said this in an external group chat

”Also, let’s not forget that he will have a shitload of better players around him with us. Yea he might miss a lot of chances in the beginning, but once a few starts going in then that finishing percentage can take off very quickly” 

It’s such a massive thing confidence wise and to have the feeling that you belong at a certain level. This plus how much he should improve in various attributes as well. 

Looks like a very Eddie Howe forward to me. Which is a good thing. Lean but strong, tall but rangey and quick, direct and a good finisher. Haven't seen it on the highlights because he was playing on the shoulder but he looks like he'll be good in the air as well. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

20 years old is very young for a striker. I’d say you get 20 year olds that are further developed in their games in almost every other position over Striker 

Seems have good game awareness, at least at the lower levels. He pulls off the defence into space on one highlight and another one he cuts inside lovely and finishes into the corner. 

Dennis Wise scouting complete. 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

20 years old is very young for a striker. I’d say you get 20 year olds that are further developed in their games in almost every other position over Striker 

Definitely, especially central strikers. Very few playing regularly at a high level at that age. 

We have goals from lots of parts of the pitch. Ideally, we'd have a dynamite backup striker who bags for fun and can stay fit, but it's just going to be a benefit to, as a minimum, have a consistent physical focal point who opens up room for others when Isak needs a rest.

Lots of time to develop the goal scoring knack.

44 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Probably, but Nigeria isn't all Christian. There are Muslims too, albeit mostly from the north. And there are also a bunch of morally bankrupt heathens.

Is that your neck of the woods like? The heathen part 😂 

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

What’s this, another striker who doesn’t score goals, seen that before…

His youth goalscoring record is obscenely good mind.