Will Osula

9 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

says areas where he can improve but "he's come to the right place to do that".

love eddie.

so confident in his own abilities as a coach.

I'll give it until November until people say he's shite and we should have kept Elias Sorensen all along after he bags his 10th of the season for Pompey.

6’4, strong and fast certainly gives him a decent start and raw attributes. I mean 20 min run outs to test a tired defence with his pace sounds pretty good. He’ll learn loads from Isak and Wilson too.

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

6’4, strong and fast certainly gives him a decent start and raw attributes. I mean 20 min run outs to test a tired defence with his pace sounds pretty good. He’ll learn loads from Isak and Wilson too.

Even if he's not at the level we need yet, those attributes should at least mean we can play the same way if ever Isak is missing. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Even if he's not at the level we need yet, those attributes should at least mean we can play the same way if ever Isak is missing. 

Yeah totally, looks like he has something about him. I think I read he can play wide right too?

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie still uses Gordon as Isak's replacement for the first half dozen games or so.

And I wouldn't blame him, either - Osula will have had very little training with us, so I could see him wanting not to rush anything more than necessary, with a view to the long term.

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

He's going to get plenty of opportunities this season with permacrock as second choice. 

Oh I expect so. I just mean in the first few games e.g. Southampton - if it's 1-1 with 20 minutes to go I could see him not wanting to put Osula in the position of leading the line when he's only just got here.

Based on previous games I'd assume if we are in desperate need of a goal, Howe will keep Isak on in addition to Osula. Only time Osula will be subbed on for Isak is due to injury or seeing out a game we are leading.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie still uses Gordon as Isak's replacement for the first half dozen games or so.

And I wouldn't blame him, either - Osula will have had very little training with us, so I could see him wanting not to rush anything more than necessary, with a view to the long term.

At least it means we won't be relying on Gordon as back up. He's got enough on his plate as a wide man, and Osula will offer us a bit more of a battering ram alternative.