Will Osula

12 hours ago, gbandit said:

Maybe let’s not make a bold claim that he’s this year’s Lewis Hall (intimating he won’t get game time) after four games 

He won’t though will he? When Wilson is back, he’ll be on bench and be coming on ahead of Osula.

A loan in January is probably needed if Wilson doesn’t leave on a permanent deal. Needs to play games to learn and improve. 

50 minutes ago, Menace said:

That is a goal I'd expect a league 2 striker to finish tbh, the excitement [emoji38]

yeah but its all good for confidence and self-belief.

coming back to your club having scored in mid week.

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

yeah but its all good for confidence and self-belief.

coming back to your club having scored in mid week.

He may get 3 minutes if he is lucky.

5 minutes ago, andycap said:

Lets be honest in the cup isak was poor all game. Howe should of started osula then brought isak on if we needed him later in the game. 

Yeah, but I expect almost no gametime at all for the first half of the season, unless we are forced to play him. Howe cares a lot about the cup (no Europe), and he rarely trusts signings like these in the first few months. Not even convinced that we will start him at Wimbledon, as crazy as that might seem.

Edited by Erikse

Cups are for your players that haven't played much though otherwise How's the lad gonna get match fit. 

Plus with osula his physicality is an asset for when we can't get out from the back he's more suited to the punt forward and hold it up style than isak. 

Edited by andycap

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, but I expect almost no gametime at all for the first half of the season, unless we are forced to play him. Howe cares a lot about the cup (no Europe), and he rarely trusts signings like these in the first few months. Not even convinced that we will start him at Wimbledon, as crazy as that might seem.

aye, i think Eddie's obsessed with a trophy this season.

Just now, andycap said:

Cups are for your players that haven't played much though otherwise How's the lad gonna get match fit. 

not here,

desperate to win one.

I do think he will get cups. Forest away wasn't the time and the game went to pens so Howe probably felt he couldn't get him on.

Wimbledon away is a different game. I'd be starting him. He will be fine if he's got some experience around him.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

aye, i think Eddie's obsessed with a trophy this season.

We are actually in a good position for this cup. Pretty much the strongest team that doesn't have Europe, which is even more games this season. As we know, this cup has the lowest priority amongst those teams. We can afford to play our strongest side without playing with too much fatigue.

Also it's absolutely in Eddie Howes modus operandi to give players as long as possible out of the side, before giving them game time.

I imagine he's become so much better at everything in the past 2 months. 

8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Osula might start against Wimbledon to be fair, I was just saying that I wouldn't actually be that shocked if he didn't.

Yeah i think he should start.

Isak back up if it goes tits up.

I hope we give him his competitive debut soon just to get it out of the way. The more weeks he just sits on the bench unused will make it difficult for him IMO. Even if we don't think he's ready a 5 mins cameo would do the trick.

I'll be surprised if he does start against Wimbledon, personally. Happy, but surprised. Wilson would be the first choice, if he's fit. Second half for Osula if we're already ahead.