Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Unfortunately I can see this being like Olise, we are obviously interested but he will get a better offer with more money from a champions league club, hope I am wrong .

He’s very well thought of but how many of the big six have a vacancy at CB or a situation where he’d be an immediate starter. 

His stock post Euros will never be higher when you combine with his age profile and contract situation there could be a bit of a perfect storm for us. 

13 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Good player but he'll come at a crazy fee so not sure its the best move.

Oh ffs :lol: 

I’ll be honest I’ve never been impressed with against us or in the Euros. Yes at the right amount maybe (£35-45m) but not seeing £60-70m player albeit I’ve not seen loads of him.

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He’s very well thought of but how many of the big six have a vacancy at CB or a situation where he’d be an immediate starter. 

His stock post Euros will never be higher when you combine with his age profile and contract situation there could be a bit of a perfect storm for us. 

Man Utd 

I think he'd be a great signing, but the PSR stuff is really making it hard for me to enjoy this at the moment.

I really hope we know what we're doing, if he joins and the window closes and we've got the same options at RW as we do now, I'd be thinking I'd rather have spent that money on a winger. We've got Schar, Kelly, Burn, Krafth to play centre back with Botman and Lascelles to return. If Guehi joins I think we could be looking at some movement in some of those players.

In Mitchell & Howe we trust

Edited by HawK

Just now, LFEE said:

I’ll be honest I’ve never been impressed with against us or in the Euros. Yes at the right amount maybe (£35-45m) but not seeing £60-70m player albeit I’ve not seen loads of him.

Actually agree about the Euros, he wasn't that good. But I've seen Palace games where he's looked streets ahead of their level. 

We will see how much he ends up costing. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

70m is a lot :lol:

Not sure it will be quite that high.

At a guess, I'd say in the £50 - £60 million range.

Really rate him as a defender though, and so if we have to, and are able to go a bit higher, totally comfortable with that too.

Will be tied into the kind of deal we are going to do with the right winger.

Just now, HawK said:

I think he'd be a great signing, but the PSR stuff is really make it hard for me to enjoy this at the moment.

I really hope we know what we're doing, if he joins and the window closes and we've got the same options at RW as we do now, I'd be thinking I'd rather have spent that money on a winger. We've got Schar, Kelly, Burn, Krafth to play centre back with Botman and Lascelles to return. If Guehi joins I think we could be looking at some movement in some of those players.

In Mitchell & Howe we trust

We must be buying a RW as well, so far the club have just signed exactly what our needs are.

Maybe not a superstar mind, but not sure that was ever the plan anyway. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I guess everyone's opinion will differ, but I thought he was probably England's best player at the Euro's - he was faultless.

Just now, GEFAFWISP said:

This is a smoke screen, or we're going Murphy/Gordon at RW.

you put my point across much more succinctly than I did

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Actually agree about the Euros, he wasn't that good. But I've seen Palace games where he's looked streets ahead of their level. 

We will see how much he ends up costing. 

Was i watching something different?  He was our best defender by a distance

Deal agreed over the weekend. Medical completed Monday. Plays Saturday. 'The lack of right wing rumours is seriously starting to get worrying'.