Marc Guehi

gdm

41 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So you forget the game when his touch was heavy and he was robbed and the player was in on goal only to hesitate and him block the shot. Or the ball dropping which he let bounce and leading to another great chance. Then the one he went for and changed mind and got caught out leading to another chance. 

Recall him having a very good first game which was enough to set the narrative and the media brainwash. Actually thought Konsa played better when Guehi got suspended for the third game which although a minor thing shows he was caught out twice for cards also.

Don’t want to sound overly harsh. If he signs I hope he proves me wrong like I said Gordon would prove the doubters wrong. It’s more about the fee and wage demands if it doesn’t work out.

For £60-70m its our biggest gamble for sure.

I remember the first one - it was an error but he showed very good recovery to get back and block it, but I guess you can portray that as a negative.  The other two I dont remember, but you havent given much information on them.  I'll admit faultless was perhaps a bi of hyperbole but I still maintain he was our best defender at the Euros and is exactly what we need to add to our line up of defenders.

Not sure why some fans are focusing more on the ffp/psr ramifications of a potential deal. We have had that shit all summer, just enjoy trying to sign a genuinely top quality player.

Just now, Rich said:

The obsession with smokescreens never fails to amuse. :lol:

Guehi this, Guehi that and then boom, tomorrow we sign Joachim Andersen. I'd have no issue with that btw.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure why some fans are focusing more on the ffp/psr ramifications of a potential deal. We have had that shit all summer, just enjoy trying to sign a genuinely top quality player.

Absolutely nuts that the amateur accountants are getting the worry beads out when they should be braying themselves raw over a top tier centre half.

I think the FFP/PSR concerns are always legitimate when it comes to any deal of this size, but I also think the club is accounting for significant growth on the revenue side to help us have some headroom for these deals. The assumption has to be that we will be European qualifiers and that as we have already seen significant revenue growth due to our new partnerships, there's more to come. 

In this case, you pay a premium to remove some uncertainty. He is a known quantity and should be at this level or slightly higher for 4-5 seasons. That type of surety is rare and costly but could well be worth it.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Especially now we have a sporting director in place that will be keeping a close eye on this.

Put all the quality he brings aside m. This could prove to be a great “opportunistic” signing if we get him. Normally 9/10 he would be out of our reach, but there might be a chance now considering the other clubs and what most of them have already.

This would be a signing that makes the likes of Isak and Bruno etc thinking yeah this is the project I was promised. It will very much help us keep our top stars. Or it would help if it happens at all. 

Genuinely annoying when something like this comes out and we have makeshift accountants trying to think about PSR/FFP. If you want to talk about it, then think about what Eales is probably also working on with Yasir and the PIF crew and that's the revenue offset to pay for this. Either commercial or sales.

I try not to get bogged down trying to have deep discussions with the balance sheet kings on here but it's about time people look at both parts of the the ledger then. You can spend if you have a plan for the future. It's OK. Let the professionals work. 

Just ENJOY some interesting and exciting transfer news ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Put all the quality he brings aside m. This could prove to be a great “opportunistic” signing if we get him. Normally 9/10 he would be out of our reach, but there might be a chance now considering the other clubs and what most of them have already.

This would be a signing that makes the likes of Isak and Bruno etc thinking yeah this is the project I was promised. It will very much help us keep our top stars. Or it would help if it happens at all. 

Not to mention Gordon. One of the crown jewels of the club. 

Be very excited with this.

Early days, but assuming Ornstein is right about the interest, it shows the level of player we've been thinking of at the very least, so time to relax and enjoy the ride.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Genuinely annoying when something like this comes out and we have makeshift accountants trying to think about PSR/FFP. If you want to talk about it, then think about what Eales is probably also working on with Yasir and the PIF crew and that's the revenue offset to pay for this. Either commercial or sales.

I try not to get bogged down trying to have deep discussions with the balance sheet kings on here but it's about time people look at both parts of the the ledger then. You can spend if you have a plan for the future. It's OK. Let the professionals work. 

Just ENJOY some interesting and exciting transfer news ffs. 

Time to get the spreadsheet out, Kanj.

images-1.jpg.03a932be745680fc8376f4b1263be457.jpg

I’m sick of the FFP/PSR shite too. I’m not gonna let that bother me too much and I suggest you all do the same. It’s a problem for later. To show maximum ambition we have to make walk a very thin line. Sometimes big risks means great rewards, sometimes it bites us slightly in the arse eye. But IF we are gonna aim for the top and compete then we have to make minor sacrifices like Minteh for example. See the bigger picture. 

I've been waiting all summer for another link like the Olise one. This'll do nicely. Still convinced the RW we're targeting will be of a similar quality/stature, too.

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Tino - Guehi - ? - Hall

3/4 of the England back 4 for the next world cup

All originally from Chelsea, but have been replaced by Gusto, Badshille and Chilwell.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I've been waiting all summer for another link like the Olise one. This'll do nicely. Still convinced the RW we're targeting will be of a similar quality/stature, too.

Having watched Olise at the Olympics and thinking further about this kid's potential, I really wish we would have gotten more aggresive on signing him last summer (hindsight I know). But I'm hoping Mitchell's contacts can help us unearth the next Olise type of player in the medium term. 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Agreed