Marc Guehi

gdm

I mean buying Wharton for £100m would be madness, but also he's only just been signed by them essentially and would not blame them putting a fuck off price tag on him at all.

1 hour ago, 80 said:

That's fair comment. But it's still funny to see people wanting to live in a magic world where everything we do is right, and yet anyone who chooses not to join us becomes shite.

For me personally, after that first half season of Howe coming in and improving so many players and nailing the signings he made, it gave me a lot of confidence in his approach.

He seems very sure of how he wants to play, and certain of the types of players that will fit his system well. On top of that he has done a great job of getting the most out of his players.

Because of that I don't tend to worry too much about signings, and we've also brought in a fair number of players I like stylistically, because I'm a bit anti Pep and the over the top possession football at this point, and really enjoy more fast and dynamic football.

I actually like Tosin a lot and was really hopeful we'd get him, and so me enjoying him having a tough start is mostly due to being fed up with Chelsea and their scamming ways, and the fact Tosin chose to go there instead.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

They had 7 previously, that didn't stop them buying an 8th. :lol:

true. I was more thinking by all accounts Guehi wants to come here, dunno why he’d want to be among 8 other centre halves

44 minutes ago, KaKa said:

For me personally, after that first half season of Howe coming in and improving so many players and nailing the signings he made, it gave me a lot of confidence in his approach.

He seems very sure of how he wants to play, and certain of the types of players that will fit his system well. On top of that he has done a great job of getting the most out of his players.

Because of that I don't tend to worry too much about signings, and we've also brought in a fair number of players I like stylistically, because I'm a bit anti Pep and the over the top possession football at this point, and really enjoy more fast and dynamic football.

I actually like Tosin a lot and was really hopeful we'd get him, and so me enjoying him having a tough start is mostly due to being fed up with Chelsea and their scamming ways, and the fact Tosin chose to go there instead.

I can’t stand to watch City. It’s like watching a python slowly strangulating its victim. I’d much rather see the mongoose go for the snake [emoji38]

Just now, gdm said:

true. I was more thinking by all accounts Guehi wants to come here, dunno why he’d want to be among 8 other centre halves

Him wanting To come here has to have a huge bearing on it as long as we can agree the fee and terms.

1 hour ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Apparently this increases the likelihood that Liverpool wont want Guehi. Don't know enough about them to know how true that is

It'll hinge on it - so this is good news.

9 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I can’t stand to watch City. It’s like watching a python slowly strangulating its victim. I’d much rather see the mongoose go for the snake [emoji38]

The FA cup final against Man United was the absolute final straw for me.

Faffing about passing it sideways on the edge of Man United's box only to get countered and then lose the game and get us kicked out of Europe.

Was such a horrendous watch waiting for them to do something. Infuriating.

13 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Not if it's wearing red.

Want sky blue all the way till we finally step up to dethrone them.

No news is good news on this one I feel. No murmurs of the deal falling apart/being priced out/being hijacked by another club. (Yet)

I've a feeling, based on bugger all other than the limited facts we know, he's instructed his agent to seal a deal with NUFC. Hope so anyway, he's class.

48 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Feels like City get a lot of stick for playing really good football, but it's a great analogy. :lol:

1 hour ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Apparently this increases the likelihood that Liverpool wont want Guehi. Don't know enough about them to know how true that is

Don't they already have Quansah and Konate at RCB?

Just now, The Prophet said:

Here's one, would we rather have Thiaw at £35 million or Guehi at circa £60 million?

Think it would have to depend on who else that would mean we could and couldn’t sign. 

If the club think Guehi is worth the money and fits the plan then that’s good enough for me. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Here's one, would we rather have Thiaw at £35 million or Guehi at circa £60 million?

Between these two specifically I think I'd still go Guehi. £60m is a lot, but he is far more sure of thing. Been playing well in PL for a few seasons now, and stepped up at international level and likely made the spot his own. 

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Between these two specifically I think I'd still go Guehi. £60m is a lot, but he is far more sure of thing. Been playing well in PL for a few seasons now, and stepped up at international level and likely made the spot his own. 

Yeah, the risk with Thiaw is that yes you've saved £25m versus Guehi but there's a chance you're going to have to spend at least another £30m+ if he doesn't adapt. 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Guehi. The optics around the transfer reminds players/agents etc we're trying to be the real deal.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Depends whether if it was the difference between a top drawer right winger or not

46 minutes ago, Fak said:

No news is good news on this one I feel. No murmurs of the deal falling apart/being priced out/being hijacked by another club. (Yet)

Hmm, I think no news is generally considered good news.