Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

I imagine a combined 30m ish from the sales of Almiron and another/others (probably Trippier but I hope not) would allow for another big ticket RW. Either that or we’re resigned to losing Gordon this summer.

We're not resigned to losing Gordon FFS.

12 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Probably due to the city case waiting for the decision. I've said it for months that I think everything will be a lot clearer after the transfer windy is closed. 

Honestly, I think this is what folks have to do.  I don’t think that the club would bid for expensive players if there wasn’t a plan - whether that’s selling players, or new commercial revenues (or a bit of both).  I’d be amazed if we didn’t spend decent money this summer, regardless of how the books end up being balanced. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly, I think this is what folks have to do.  I don’t think that the club would bid for expensive players if there wasn’t a plan - whether that’s selling players, or new commercial revenues (or a bit of both).  I’d be amazed if we didn’t spend decent money this summer, regardless of how the books end up being balanced. 

Me and you have been saying this for months, wait until the summer is over

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Just as an aside, this tweet highlights a big issue I have with these accounts that act as news aggregators. They make one minor change to the actual story, and it completely changes things. When you read the article it mentions that talks 'may have' been going on in parallel to the Guehi talks. Goes out in this tweet as talks 'have taken place in parallel..'

NUFC360 isn't the worst for it, that goes to that gallowgate account who turned whatever Lee Ryder mentioned about Guehi on Saturday into basically 'a fee is agreed, it's just talks over payment structure'. 

Good to know where covering all bases as have a feeling Palace will be difficult sellers.

Would be very happy with an alternative such as the Leverkusen CB, Diomande, or even take a punt on Silva when his stock has fallen.

Edited by Whitley mag

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Well not know until next June. 

we literally do have a clue about the clubs finances though.  And football finances in general.  We don’t know everything but we know enough to have semi informed discussions between fans. 

But That’s perfectly fine. We can stop discussing. 

The question was asked about which targets we prefer.  Some people’s answer is dependent on how much we can spend on a RW as a result and FFP will be the limiting factor on that. So we are talking about FFP.  You can ignore the FFP chat if you like. 

I like discussing ideas but we’ve had the same long FFP discussions in numerous threads. The original FFP point about Guehi is relevant to the thread. 

Nope you don't know what is going to be spent and you don't know what the commercial/sponsorship deals are going to be. You can't just guess. You also have the trip to Japan finances and the Stack finances to be added. Myself and looks like a lot of other people would rather just discuss this when the transfer window is over and a clearer picture can then be discussed. This is my last post on the PSR subject until September time

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Do you think this is the link to West Ham target from Toulouse, Logan Costa 23, had a half a season in first team. 

This was my first impression as well. Would fit the Schar understudy profile.

Edited by Unbelievable

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Do you think this is the link to West Ham target from Toulouse, Logan Costa 23, had a half a season in first team. 

Possibly would seem a big gap in experience to the like of Guehi though for it to be him.

20 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Good to know where covering all bases as have a feeling Palace will be difficult sellers.

Would be very happy with an alternative such as the Leverkusen CB, Diomande, or even take a punt on Silva when his stock has fallen.

There was another big name CB at that agency we could be linked too. 

@et tu brute I’m done mate. I’ve explained that we won’t know the financials relating to FFP until next June. Myself and others have explained that you can use financials from previous years, public information about revenue streams and FMV to ball park the key revenue/expenses to a decent degree.  Swiss Ramble did it and were pretty accurate. 

We’ll know more when last years financials are released next year. 

So let’s not discuss it any further between us. 

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

@et tu brute I’m done mate. I’ve explained that we won’t know the financials relating to FFP until next June. Myself and others have explained that you can use financials from previous years, public information about revenue streams and FMV to ball park the key revenue/expenses to a decent degree.  Swiss Ramble did it and were pretty accurate. 

We’ll know more when last years financials are released next year. 

So let’s not discuss it any further between us. 

Swiss ramble and borstein had us passing psr with no issues in Feb. This is just ITK for geeky virgins quite frankly. 

6 minutes ago, Magdad said:

Swiss ramble and borstein had us passing psr with no issues in Feb. This is just ITK for geeky virgins quite frankly. 

They did? Would love to see some links 

22 minutes ago, Magdad said:

Can we not bring the twitter trend of just saying stuff like it's true, without actually providing any kind of information to back up what you've said, onto the forum.

Edited by sushimonster85

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

Worst part of football these days is talking about PSR & Money. So boring 

Absolutely abysmal stuff, it really is. Calling my friends out on it all the time like they've got a personal spreadsheet before they can get excited about any transfer etc.

4 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Absolutely abysmal stuff, it really is. Calling my friends out on it all the time like they've got a personal spreadsheet before they can get excited about any transfer etc.

I generally assume if the club is making a signing then it’s within what they think is safe for PSR.

Not much need for us to stress about it, although obviously in general we’re spending less than everyone wants. 

3 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Exactly the amount I’ve seen in here & Twitter about we can’t spend that amount on Guehi or they’d prefer we signed Thaiw because he’s cheaper and making assumptions that if we sign Guehi we won’t be able to afford a top RW. Why fuckin stress out over it? There are people at the club earning huge amounts of money to figure this stuff out and have all the facts that we don’t have. It’s just shite and ruining the fun of the game.

27 minutes ago, gdm said:

Worst part of football these days is talking about PSR & Money. So boring 

Just wait till VAR starts again in a few weeks and we are taking about someone's arse hair been offside.