Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Who changed the title? Negative cunts. Surely Ornstein is the one to quote.

Was just about to say the same thing :lol:

so far had

deal close (Edwards)

bid rejected (Downie)

bid placed (Ornstein)

I know which of those 3 i would go with 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, STM said:

If Palace weren't willing sellers, they wouldn't be talking. I wonder if Mitchell is on good terms with Palace because it seems weird to me that Palace are so receptive.

Mind 60m is the sort of money that is game changing for Palace. They will be able to get 3/4 players off the back of it.

Seems we've gone about things the right way. Unlike some clubs that put a bunch of noise out about their interest and then send in lowball offers!

He's got two years left, so from a Palace point of view they will be willing sellers if the money is right for them.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Was just about to say the same thing :lol:

so far had

deal close (Edwards)

bid rejected (Downie)

bid placed (Ornstein)

I know which of those 3 i would go with 

Fucking thread title police out in force tonight like. Bid rejected seems like the most recent development, given Ornstein's saying the bid was lodged a few days ago.

And does the use of 'first' not cover the fact the deal's not dead? :lol:

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We apparently went about trying to get Freedman the right way so hopefully we have built a good relationship with Palace. Can’t hurt negotiations.

And Olise too even. Ornstein reported we were one of the clubs granted permission to speak to him after first approaching Palace.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Fucking thread title police out in force tonight like. Bid rejected seems like the most recent development, given Ornstein's saying the bid was lodged a few days ago.

And does the use of 'first' not cover the fact the deal's not dead? :lol:

You are correct. Makes sense. Downie just seems to be late to everything and puts his own spin on things :lol:

Edited by gdm

Seems like a done deal with us willing to pay such a high fee and the player wanting to come to us. 

Would think Palace wants to sort it out rather quickly so that they can find a replacement. So just a question of who blinks first.

In fairness to Luke 'The Oracle' Edwards, his 'close' said by the weekend. He probably didn't write the title either, to be fair to the little whopper.

17 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Seems like a done deal with us willing to pay such a high fee and the player wanting to come to us. 

Would think Palace wants to sort it out rather quickly so that they can find a replacement. So just a question of who blinks first.

Palace have already replaced him with Chadi Riad who they bought in May

22 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Shearer says agreement in principle for 5 year contract. Fee to be agreed.

Who is this fecker you’re quoting, because I like what they have to say and want to believe it. Are you helping or hindering our wellbeing J7? 

26 minutes ago, Holloway said:

the window is warming up a taj, despite the mutterings of the accountant types

Literally nothing has happened yet (including this if it comes off) that disputes the "mutterings of the accountant types."

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Literally nothing has happened yet (including this if it comes off) that disputes the "mutterings of the accountant types."

yes it has, the transfer window thread has shifted off swampy mattress for 10 minutes

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Who is this fecker you’re quoting, because I like what they have to say and want to believe it. Are you helping or hindering our wellbeing J7? 

He has over 300k followers. I don’t recall him being heavily known for bs. 5 year conetract is pretty standard so anyone could say that and be right 

Given Olise went for about £51m (by all accounts) and after much scrutiny of my own array of prophetic devices—including and not limited to crystal balls (ooh err..), seaweed in the wind, and tea leaves—I reckon we’ve offered either £50m or £55m. 
If so, and given he allegedly wants to leave, and wants to come here, then £60m gets it done. Anything more than that seems too much of a stretch for our seemingly delicate finances. Enter the competition, how much gets it done?

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Given Olise went for about £51m (by all accounts) and after much scrutiny of my own array of prophetic devices—including and not limited to crystal balls (ooh err..), seaweed in the wind, and tea leaves—I reckon we’ve offered either £50m or £55m. 
If so, and given he allegedly wants to leave, and wants to come here, then £60m gets it done. Anything more than that seems too much of a stretch for our seemingly delicate finances. Enter the competition, how much gets it done?

Olise had a release clause I believe.