Marc Guehi

gdm

Think I'd rather we act hard and stop negotiations if they're twisting our hands too much. Preferably 'tapping up' the agent/player for future windows in the process. Doesn't look like any top club is interested at the mentioned amounts so could be doable.

Botman's rehabilitation is apparently going well. We can manage with Schar, Burn, Kelly and Krafth until December.. revisit the situation in January. 

And of course I'd spent some of the planned money on a winger - Noni is in great form, won't see much football with Palmer and Neto around and there might be potential for a FFP-friendly loan..

Edited by junkhead

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be amazed if they sold both mind. However with Carlos close to going to Fulham, maybe this would end their interest in Andersen.

Fulham have lost Tosin and Ream so may be looking at Carlos and Andersen

Personally, if we get down to a 5m difference, I think we should just pay up.  Literally 1m per year of the course of his contract for someone who would be a key player.

It's not the same as say,  SU wanting an extra 5m for Will Osula, for arguments sake.

I'm certainly not complaining about them taking their time to get the best deal possible mind, I just hope when push comes to shove they get the deal done.

60m will look very good when he has a class season and becomes a player we wouldn't let go for 80 next year.

Managing until whenever always seems viable but in reality if a 24 year old English international who will only get better is available you negotiate until it's done.  And waiting could cost you points up to December, January if one was to be pedantic.

They're sellers, and will let him go, waiting and making do would be daft in regard to Guehi, get it done even if it takes until the end of August.

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Would certainly be a massive boost going into the first game if this was confirmed next week.

Doesn’t even have to play tbh. Pre-match/half-time introduction on the pitch would do the job.

9 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Managing until whenever always seems viable but in reality if a 24 year old English international who will only get better is available you negotiate until it's done.  And waiting could cost you points up to December, January if one was to be pedantic.

They're sellers, and will let him go, waiting and making do would be daft in regard to Guehi, get it done even if it takes until the end of August.

At some point you have to make a final offer that you’re prepared to walk away from, otherwise they’ll just keep demanding more and you end up looking like Chelsea.

32 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

At some point you have to make a final offer that you’re prepared to walk away from, otherwise they’ll just keep demanding more and you end up looking like Chelsea.

The words 'Sunderland' and 'Will Grigg' come to mind

44 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It seems like the difference in valuations is not that great though, would imagine there'll be a compromise one way or the other.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Doesn’t mean it won’t happen, but it does mean it’s not imminent.

A fee could be agreed tomorrow to be fair. Don't think these things mean a great deal.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

Well obviously there has to be an end game or limit, but do we need to jump to that scenario yet ? It's the immediate doom and fecking gloom on here, it does me nut in.