Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, TRC said:

I think thats a perfectly fine final offer. If they reject then move on.

What if they say they want 1m more? You still walk away?

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Throw Ryan Fraser in with the deal as a sweet tender succulent surprise.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I mean reject outright, that a less than 2% negotiation, I'm sure we would work something out quickly

6 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Are Palace waiting for someone else to come in?

It's an a absolutely nothing article mind. Douglas has reported we've also been negotiating with alternative too.

5 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

I don’t get why we would make an offer knowing full well it would be rejected.  

That's not how these things work.

There's probably ongoing discussion between 4/5 different parties and most notably everytime we make a bonifide bid we have to have it sanctioned from the Saudi end.

At Palaces end you have:

Parish

Freedman

Glasner

Guehi himself, (Guehis agent)

At our end:

Saudis

Eales

Mitchell

Howe

Hoying another 5 million on every time isn't as straightforward as it sounds and even on the Palace end they can't flat out reject a bid without having a full on discussion because such sums can be fortune changing for a club.

It's also worth pointing out that we might be talking to Palace through his agent. It's more than possible that Guehis agent himself is trying to put the deal together and the only time we directly communicate with Palace is when we formally place a bid.

So many moving parts.

I still find going for a cb at this price odd. Eddie does not like rotating his back 4 unless their is an injury.

With Guehi in one of Kelly, Burn and Hall isn't going to get get many opportunities if everyone stays fit.

Just now, TRC said:

I still find going for a cb at this price odd. Eddie does not like rotating his back 4 unless their is an injury.

With Guehi in one of Kelly, Burn and Hall isn't going to get get many opportunities if everyone stays fit.

Newcastle fans not understanding the concept of a squad never gets old.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

We're opportunistic with our buying, look at Barnes. Players available at certain prices who we rate, we will go for.