Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Did his usual, fucked off on holiday after he tweeted. 

Such a prick. Not for having a holiday but for knowing exactly what he was doing.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

What does "ticking along" even mean for a transfer? :lol:

It means it's going okay but Palace want it to be a lot better.

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This is the thing like. It's an absolutely enormous deal and we only started discussions a week and a half ago. Even if they're happy with the price, there will be loads to sort.

The clamour for a big signing this window has the fanbase even more manic than it would usually be about this transfer when nothing out of the ordinary has happened here. Bid, rejected, raised bid, rejected, raised bid, ?. The journos are feeding off of the anxiety.

The main issue is that Palace have a strong hand as they have already sold Olise and don’t need to sell, but as Guehi apparently wants the move I’m confident we get this one done. Parish will hold out for the most he can get and rightly so.  

Edited by Nine

Just a reminder of what I was told last week... that there is apparently some incentive for us to get this deal done prior to the season starting at a lower price than after the season starts. Something to do with Chelsea's clause. Don't know (or really care) about the specifics, but my educated guess is that they're pulling out all the stops to get this signed and sealed before kick off. The player is certainly expecting it to happen this week.

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, I don't think it's any more ridiculous than any other transfer phrases :lol:

Aye, but if "ticking along" means Palace have received the 3rd bid and are waiting on making a decision, it's the complete opposite of "ticking along". :lol:

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, but if "ticking along" means Palace have received the 3rd bid and are waiting on making a decision, it's the complete opposite of "ticking along". :lol:

I would read it as we're just still progressing and getting closer to the end.