Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, madras said:

Wonder if the player wants to come here enough to put in a transfer request ?

Gordon needs to drop him a text.

”Don’t bother going into training tomorrow la”

Parish still won’t have worked out that he isn’t going to get the money for his players that he would have got because the rules of which he was a leading advocate have left bigger clubs in a position where they actually have to watch what they spend.

He’s within his rights to demand what he wants, of course. 

Time to walk away with dignity and our heads held high. They are entitled to ask for top dollar, but it doesn’t mean they will get it, and I certainly hope they don’t from us. Stinks of a lack of decency on their part stringing us along, but who knows…
They are seriously deluded if they think Guehi is a generational talent, he is good, he improves us, but he doesn’t play for Real Madrid. Feel they have just messed us about for a fortnight, hoping for a bidding war that was never going to materialise. they had a  (possible) generational talent in Olise who jumped ship for a Super-club.

If we have the balls we should leave the offer on the table reducing by £0.5m per day the transfer window stays open, with no further negotiation.

Best of British to them in a couple of years when Eze has left, Wharton has continued to progress and leaves, and Guehi does a Maddison, they might be wanting a loan or too from us, doubt we will repay the favour.

Call me naive, but I thought Dougie Freeman would have had the professional decency to treat us correctly and with respect.

Lets pick up someone even better!

Personally, I think it lacks any class to go on TV and give the interview he has. He must have been on the phone to Sky desperate to give them this interview. If I was the buyer, I wouldn't be happy with it, and expect us to just walk away.

I hope we have other targets ready to move on to.

Asked if he had spoken to Guehi personally, Parish replied: “Marc Guehi is as decent human being and footballer as you could ever possibly hope to meet. We all know the situation, we don’t need to be having discussions about it. 

“Marc is absolutely loyal to Crystal Palace. Marc wants to progress his career, of course he does, and if the right opportunity is there and it’s right for us I think it’s something he might be interested in but he’s certainly not putting any pressure on the club whatsoever.”

Lad wants away [emoji38]

could just be him playing the game to speed us up or improve the bid.

similar to if news came out that a second club were in for him. 

5 minutes ago, Fenham Mag said:

Kind of odd a chairman openly speaking about selling one of their players 

Isn't he talking about the opposite?

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Asked if he had spoken to Guehi personally, Parish replied: “Marc Guehi is as decent human being and footballer as you could ever possibly hope to meet. We all know the situation, we don’t need to be having discussions about it. 

“Marc is absolutely loyal to Crystal Palace. Marc wants to progress his career, of course he does, and if the right opportunity is there and it’s right for us I think it’s something he might be interested in but he’s certainly not putting any pressure on the club whatsoever.”

Lad wants away [emoji38]

True, but Guehi is a top pro so wont cry out.

Yes, he clearly dodged the "have you spoken to Marc?" question.

fwiw, I think this is completely different to Ashworth, who had sensitive information on our transfer targets and was subject to a "gardening leave" situation. Brighton did not let Ashworth join us immediately for the same reason. 

22 minutes ago, madras said:

Wonder if the player wants to come here enough to put in a transfer request ?

I doubt it. He can leave anyway in two years time and go anywhere he wants.

Lets be honest before the euros he wasn't a 50 million pound player more like a 30 million player. But because he had a good tournament they're taking the piss pricing him out of a move. Harry should never gave him that sock parish is wanker. 

Just now, TRon said:

I doubt it. He can leave anyway in two years time and go anywhere he wants.

Its a great time for him to get a solid contract that will set him up for life though. Shit can change fast, just one injury away.