Marc Guehi

gdm

Parish within his rights to make a statement, fill ya boots you flash cockney wanker. Give them a short deadline for the 3rd bid, move on if declined. He's not Beckenbauer ffs 

1 hour ago, jigen said:

Walk away. 70m for Guehi is madness. There are many good defenders you can buy. 

The voice of sense ridiculous premium we’d be paying on the back of the Euro’s, he isn’t a superstar he’s a good defender of which there are many, also has flaws to his game positionally and in the air, at 70 million I’d want the finished article.

2 hours ago, Tross said:

Watching that my translation is they are happy to keep him as he’s not a trouble maker and they will likely sell Anderson so losing both would be a massive blow in the same window.

They are hoping for more money from us or anyone for it to be worth the risk selling both CB’s.

They know two weeks left in the window is a long time so will wait it out until last 24hrs unless someone pays them their “superstar money” whilst also assessing how strong the player’s desire to leave is. He would like to it seems but how hard is he willing to push.

Think it will go quiet for a few days now.

Edited by LFEE

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Watching that my translation is they are happy to keep him as he’s not a trouble maker and they will likely sell Anderson so losing both would be a massive blow in the same window.

They are hoping for more money from us or anyone for it to be worth the risk selling both CB’s.

They know two weeks left in the window is a long time so will wait it out until last 24hrs unless someone pays them their “superstar money” whilst also assessing how strong the player’s desire to leave is.

Think it will go quiet for a few days now.

Joachim Anderson came out today and said he wants to stay.  So either he's already basically gone OR he genuinely wants to stay and we don't have to worry about that.

Sadly, i don’t think it’s happening, especially not with our current bid. Parish ain’t gonna talk shit on TV then accept the bid afterwards, make him looks like a silly wanker.

And i agree we should not spend 70m on Guehi, not worth it. Time to focus on alternative option

Hope i’m wrong though

This clip actually changes my mind.

He looks absolutely resigned to losing him.

It's an interesting play from Parish but I think he's just after a bigger bid.

1 minute ago, STM said:

He looks absolutely resigned to losing him.

It's an interesting play from Parish but I think he's just after a bigger bid.

Of course he is, and we have bid too much already. 

Tbf to him, this is a man who paid us £3.5 million for Pardew which was the second most they’d ever spent on anyone in their history at the time. He knows all about paying Superstar money for Superstars.

Got to move on imo (I think we already have), he's worth nowhere near 65 million and he's certainly nowhere near a generational talent. We've put 3 bids in and parish has now came out (to sky despite weekend in talks between the clubs) basically saying he's not going until terms are met. If we go back and pay the 65 then everyone will see us as whipping boys. I'll be astonished if we did go back

Yeah, still looks like everyone is playing their role. So that wherever the chips eventually fall on this one they can be seen as having defended their position.

Still wish it gets sorted though and he's in before the weekend. Not that we desperately need him for Southampton, just so much prefer to have as many pieces in place when the season kicks off .