Marc Guehi

gdm

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Howe alluded to something like this in a recent interview. That at elite level the pool of players you look at is pretty small.

Gordon said if NUFC could sign any player he would pick him.

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

Jesus. We better end up Top 4 finish or we need to sell all the purple patches and start from scratch again

Or, we're couting on/have a good idea of the Man City case outcome and are confident our imminent commercial income is about to go seriously vertical!

Assuming the info I’ve been told is accurate (about the financial incentive to get this done prior to the season starting), it wouldn’t surprise me if this has an ultimatum attached to it and we hear that it’s been accepted today.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Assuming the info I’ve been told is accurate (about the financial incentive to get this done prior to the season starting), it wouldn’t surprise me if this has an ultimatum attached to it and we hear that it’s been accepted today.

Apols - missed the previous on this - what’s the potential incentive?

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Funnily, I was just looking up your earlier posts as I remembered you saying this earlier. So, assuming you're right, if this happens it's going to happen fast 

On 13/08/2024 at 11:33, Shadow Puppets said:

Just a reminder of what I was told last week... that there is apparently some incentive for us to get this deal done prior to the season starting at a lower price than after the season starts. Something to do with Chelsea's clause. Don't know (or really care) about the specifics, but my educated guess is that they're pulling out all the stops to get this signed and sealed before kick off. The player is certainly expecting it to happen this week.

Bumping this☝️

7 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Have you got anything more specific about this clause/incentive? Best guess is that the sell-on percentage owed to Chelsea is lower prior to the season starting.

Edit - just seen @Nucasol's post above :thup:

Edited by Keegans Export

11 minutes ago, Zero said:

Jesus. We better end up Top 4 finish or we need to sell all the purple patches and start from scratch again

Just enjoy the fact we are trying to sign quality players, no need for fans to worry about FFP/PSR. Especially at this stage.

3 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Funnily, I was just looking up your earlier posts as I remembered you saying this earlier. So, assuming you're right, if this happens it's going to happen fast 

Yeah… I don’t know the full details of what that incentive is… but it’s something to do with Chelsea. I don’t know whether we have to have it completely signed sealed and delivered today or whether we just need to stop him starting the season at Palace for it to take effect. We’ll see I guess.

My ultimatum theory could also tie in with Parish’s comments the other day about not “being given a decision to make” yet.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Just enjoy the fact we are trying to sign quality players, no need for fans to worry about FFP/PSR. Especially at this stage.

Naaa, I don’t think it’s that simple mind. Let’s not forget how much people lost it at selling Minteh. 

I know it’s depressing but personally I can’t help but consider all angles when it comes to these things. :lol:

Just now, r0cafella said:

Naaa, I don’t think it’s that simple mind. Let’s not forget how much people lost it at selling Minteh. 

I know it’s depressing but personally I can’t help but consider all angles when it comes to these things. :lol:

Fair enough, personally I’ve just had enough of all the PSR talk. I’m excited by the fact we are trying to buy a top quality player and the footy being back tomorrow. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Fair enough, personally I’ve just had enough of all the PSR talk. I’m excited by the fact we are trying to buy a top quality player and the footy being back tomorrow. 

Aye totally understand how you feel mate, I absolutely despise how we’ve been conspired against and the fact its gone totally unchecked as well. 

I put him in my FF team on the basis he moves and becomes part of an elite 22/23 style NUFC defence so he better get it done. He’s a bit less than 65m at only 4.5m on that!

Edited by WilliamPS

29 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Or he's identified by everyone who matters at the club as THE one.

That’s a lot of pressure on all the key decision makers, if he struggles to adapt or if he becomes just an average PL CB questions will be asked about the price tag and the knock on effect to the wider budget. Personally I would have walked away at £50m + £5m. Proof will be in the pudding I suppose.

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

I put him in my FF team on the basis he moves and becomes part of an elite 22/23 style NUFC defence so he better get it done. He’s a bit less than 65m at only 4.5m on that!

He’s in mine but don’t know what happens if he signs as I’ve got Pope, Isak and Gordon in there already.