Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Shocker of a window so far. We seem to allow ourselves to be messed around quite regularly. I understand trying to get the best deal but we must know we've started far too low and nowhere near, and if so, this far into the window, wtf we playing at?

Go get Gonzalez and Thiaw from Italy for the same price palace want for Guehi.

Gonzalez wants to move to Juve. 

10 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You don't get to a 4th bid, and the level of confidence that we've had about it, without them being willing sellers.

Seems to me like we do :lol:

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What others times have we been messed around ? I can’t remember any others.

Botman. Tosin. Lingard. Maddison. Ekitike.

Edited by Dokko

Just now, Dokko said:

Shocker of a window so far. We seem to allow ourselves to be messed around quite regularly. I understand trying to get the best deal but we must know we've started far too low and nowhere near, and if so, this far into the window, wtf we playing at?

Go get Gonzalez and Thiaw from Italy for the same price palace want for Guehi.

😀 Not like you to be negative mate.

A few things...

1) The only reason this seems like we're being messed around is because it's playing out in public. For example, I know for a fact that when we signed AG10, it was our fifth attempt that finally got him. But it never felt like we were being messed around... it's just the constant reporting that makes this one feel that way.

2) Thiaw is a decent player, but Guehi is considerably better. Howe has made it clear they're looking for players who can come in and make a difference immediately and improve the starting 11. I don't personally feel like Thiaw would do that.

3) Gonzalez is just agent talk I believe.

I'd rather we moved on and signed noone than compromised on ability.

None of this let's go sign Thiaw or Chalobah carry on. No thanks. Keep the money and sign the targets we actually rate.

I can handle not signing Guehi but I won't be best pleased if we sign worse players off the back of it.

Keep our money until January if needed, and have someone proper lined up.

1 minute ago, JP said:

Can't fault Palace but i'd walk away now too.

If it was Bruno and City, say, were offering 80-85-90-95? we'd be happy club kept rejecting.

The difference is we have been open that to sell Bruno the fee was £100m, and there was a deadline to do the deal.

We don’t leak details of other clubs bids via the media, we try to do our business professionally and in private. Our ITK’s haven’t got a clue, and for good reason. Palace have leaked this time and again, it’s a game to them.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

😀 Not like you to be negative mate.

A few things...

1) The only reason this seems like we're being messed around is because it's playing out in public. For example, I know for a fact that when we signed AG10, it was our fifth attempt that finally got him. But it never felt like we were being messed around... it's just the constant reporting that makes this one feel that way.

2) Thiaw is a decent player, but Guehi is considerably better. Howe has made it clear they're looking for players who can come in and make a difference immediately and improve the starting 11. I don't personally feel like Thiaw would do that.

3) Gonzalez is just agent talk I believe.

Aye, been negative all summer, me. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Botman. Tosin. Lingard. Maddison. Ekitike.

What's the common thread? They were all played out in public (largely due to their agents or the other clubs).

The deals that went relatively under the radar or happened relatively quietly... Bruno, Isak, Tonali, Gordon... who knows how long most of those took to nail down.

8 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Wonder what Guehi is making of all this?

Is he genuinely interested to join us?  He and Gordon seemed to be pretty close in the Euros.  

Probably doing the decent thing and staying professional. Nowt worse when you get a giant turd like van dijk behaving like an absolute cunt to force a move, tells you a lot about the kind of bloke your getting

1 minute ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Probably doing the decent thing and staying professional. Nowt worse when you get a giant turd like van dijk behaving like an absolute cunt to force a move, tells you a lot about the kind of bloke your getting

I am all for him pulling a Gordon now and feeling a bit ill over the weekend…

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Surely our recruitment team can identify better-value players on the continent or elsewhere?

These prices are premium for a club that’s had well-publicised struggles with FFP.

By better value do you mean of equal quality?

We can sign young players for cheaper, we can sign players with potential for cheaper, we can even sign players who might be great players for cheaper but all of which are bigger gambles and you are as likely to waste money on a 30m Thiaw as you are on a Guehi.

For the record, going above 65m seems too much and I've been in the "go get him" camp.

Edited by STM

6 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Think we've overplayed our hand here. This shows we're desperate and Parish will be laughing like a super villain knowing he can ask for more.

Until we pull out and he gets nothing?

Let’s say Eze goes, Andersen goes and Olise has gone. These lads could be really in the shit this year. Good luck getting massive value for Guehi if you’re in a relegation battle 

If we could pivot to RW and get Madueke for 50m, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Chelsea are much easier to deal with too.

I reckon we could have that deal wrapped up in 48 hours if we went hard and fast.