Marc Guehi

gdm

It's interesting that all the reports at our end are hinting at something more than "Offer made, then rejected" and that the leaks are all coming from their end.

Could it be that this is actually a pretty standard negotiation and isn't actually playing out as is being reported?

7 minutes ago, SAK said:

Call Parish’s bluff, don’t formerly retract the bid, continue discussions, sign another defender, tell him to go fuck himself.

I'm with this. Leave the bid in, while working furiously to try and sign someone else and fucking them over.

Mind, it has to be said that Guehi's agent could give Parish a phone call and say that he wants to move in no uncertain terms. Guehi might lose out on some money but then he has a choice to make. 

38 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Makes no difference to PSR, but might do to the budget.

If our owners won’t stump up the cash then that is notable - I’d imagine it is the terms of the add-ons that are not selling the deal to Palace

16 minutes ago, Hudson said:

So here I go with a few kick backs on your points, will get the rest later. Just didn’t want you to think I was ignoring you. 😂

How do you know that Tino and Hall were both ready to go into the first team ?  Yeah Tripps and Burn had a few stinking games all pro players do. It’s called being human, and was mainly down to workload and fatigue. 
Remember last season, playing the toughest teams in Europe and being robbed of the knockouts places.  Those players gave the hearts last season.

I’m a forgiving kind guy, so all in I’m letting that slide. Plus I manage a very tight team and I know errors happen when the workload goes up, I can swap them out but would I ? No because the replacements would be worse and less capable and there would be more errors.

The Tonali issue was a cluster fuck that no doubt cost us a few points, but he might have had a shit start to his time here and cost us points the other way as-well. Remember him and Bruno looked a bit flakey before the ban. 

Did it cost us Europe very highly unlikely. 

Maybe if some of the wrong ref and Var things went our way we would be in Europe ?  That had just as much effect on our league position. Cost us a point at least in the Manu Game. It gave Chelsea an extra 2  points over the season. Those 2 things alone did cost us Europe this season. 

Rewriting history on the injury crisis, that all started with freak injury’s and snowballed due to the size of our squad and not having the players in it that could do a job replacing the players with niggles, pushing the tiny squad to its limits with the games we had and the cup teams we drew. 

Yeah Howie was slow with subs on the main for the season ,but look at what the options when’re Matt Bloody Richie.

Personally Europe last season as nice and needed as it was, was wrong for our development. We didn’t have the squad for it.  As we will see with Villa this season and Tottenham.

Also for me Last season was Amazing and very little of the causes of our problems were caused by the club. Most where outside forces you cannot plan or mitigate for. Not considering the power plays from the cartel to hold us back.

A fourth place finish and sixth in two season, after 14 years of Failure by Ashley and all attached to him is Amazing. 

He won't listen to logic like this. Not when he blames the manager for Tonali's gambling addiction, and when he clearly has the inside track on every player's day-to-day fitness...

What if the situation right now isn't as cut and dry as we think. Perhaps the price is acceptable but the way it's paid is not? If it's 60+5, maybe they just want the full £65M upfront. Fair enough in some ways.

Seeing the reports they now want £70M seem a bit off to me.  

A huge waste of everyone's time if this doesn't happen. Need to act quick if we're moving on to another target. The downside of that is the next target knows he was never the guy the club wanted.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

What if the situation right now isn't as cut and dry as we think. Perhaps the price is acceptable but the way it's paid is not? If it's 60+5, maybe they just want the full £65M upfront. Fair enough in some ways.

Seeing the reports they now want £70M seem a bit off to me.  

A huge waste of everyone's time if this doesn't happen. Need to act quick if we're moving on to another target. The downside of that is the next target knows he was never the guy the club wanted.

We also don’t know what the size of the ‘add-one’ are, nor the terms of them.  What if it is £10m add-ons based on Guehi winning the CL and PL with us?  I wouldn’t take that bet if I was Palace.

We’re being made to look a bit daft here to me.  It is clear that Palace have their value and aren’t going to budge.  It feels like they’re doing the Bernie Mac negotiation in ‘Bad Santa’ - and we’re doing no better in the Tony Cox role

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

These snippets from Douglas are fairly interesting.

Makes sense. Parish was being booed for lack of ambition by his own fans before Glasner came in. Clearly using this as an opportunity to endear himself to them again and paint himself as the big business baron

1 hour ago, SAK said:

Call Parish’s bluff, don’t formerly retract the bid, continue discussions, sign another defender, tell him to go fuck himself.

I'd have a look at that Lacroix they had lined up as a cheaper replacement, so long as Eddie fancies him of course!! And make it very public that we're doing so.

Parish would start sweating then.

Palace are making fools out of us by conducting all of this in public!

I am all in for getting another centre back and commenting in public what a feckin A-hole Parish is!!:rant:

We need fat Freddy back. The fat cuntroller, god rest his soul was a damned fine negotiator when it came to signings. 
regardless, palace are going to be stuck with an unhappy player and they will be lucky to get half their current asking price next summer. Dicks 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache

15 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Estimated, not documented 

Bit of both tbh. Although we gave our best player of all time to Brighton to avoid a points loss so it’s fairly obvious we’re cutting it fine.

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

We need fat Freddy back. The fat cuntroller, god rest his soul was a damned fine negotiator when it came to signings. 

“Yes Michael, we will make you our highest paid player despite your open contempt for the club and fanbase, and trigger a needless pay rise for an ageing shearer in the process”

Just now, Theregulars said:

“Yes Michael, we will make you our highest paid player despite your open contempt for the club and fanbase, and trigger a needless pay rise for an ageing shearer in the process”

And how many goals did the ageing shearer score, and Ginola, speed, Robert blah blah blah. Regardless of the players qualities he tended to sign more of the targets than he missed.