Marc Guehi

gdm

Palace behaviour is reminding me of Man Uniteds a few seasons back as well, am i just oblivious to this behaviour happening to others, or is it just something clubs do regularly?

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

And how many goals did the ageing shearer score, and Ginola, speed, Robert blah blah blah. Regardless of the players qualities he tended to sign more of the targets than he missed. 

Come on man, I thought you were joking originally :lol: If we're looking back fondly at Shepherd's dealing we've lost the plot. That ten years set the table for Ashley.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Come on man, I thought you were joking originally :lol: If we're looking back fondly at Shepherd's dealing we've lost the plot. That ten years set the table for Ashley.

Bit of both. There were some unwise decisions but he tended to get the players in when he wanted them. 

Are Palace affiliated with any of the cartel? Just seems like they are fucking with us.. there was a bit of disrespect from some clubs immediately after the takeover and maybe this is just something similar.

I like the player but not at the price. We should walk away unless the problem is just a small detail.

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Are Palace affiliated with any of the cartel? Just seems like they are fucking with us.. there was a bit of disrespect from some clubs immediately after the takeover and maybe this is just something similar.

I like the player but not at the price. We should walk away unless the problem is just a small detail.

It did cross my mind!

12 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

45-50m would get us Ousmane Diomande

And he is younger, with a higher ceiling. At this point, this is just embarrassing for Newcastle. I left for the day assuming this would be done when i got back. Hilarious at this point. Hell, how much is Branthwaite? 

Parish is very anti-Newcastle and our owners. Move on and get someone else. I would have moved on after the first bid, as I'm not convinced he's worth 50m never mind 65m. The way Howe was talking at the press conference, hinted to me that we will move on, as he made mention of walking away if the price doesn't fit. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, James said:

On the other hand clubs know we have constraint and will only strike a deal at the right price

Yep. Chelsea’s not gonna get fresh and demand £65m for Chalobah all of a sudden. We’d laugh in their faces.

I wouldnt have wanted us to go more than £55m. The fact £60m + bonuses is rejected as a 4th bid honestly is a waste of time

There has to be someone out there with a higher skill ceiling for that kind of money. 

Just get Tomori. Proven winner, played at the highest level, won a league title, went to CL semis, would probably be half the price and leave something more for a proper RW.

My concern if we ever do sign this lad at this price or more is going to be the constant talk of the price tag etc, that just adds extra pressure to players, some handle it and some crumble but you can guarantee every time he makes a mistake it would be talked about adding more pressure. 

Time to move on for everyone's sanity.

9 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I actually think we'll pay 70 haha.

I can see that but a big chunk of it being add-ons. Probably 55-60 total at the end of the day. I’d like to move on just because giving into palace will screw us in future negotiations. Heck even submitting 4 bids is us showing weakness in future negotiations. On top of that we are known to have rich owners. Can’t imagine what a club would as for once we go in for a real superstar. 

I'm now just in the 'give them £75m and watch them squirm and back track' phase of all this. Statement signing that all other clubs will be of the mind that it's too much and we sell him for £100m to Real Madrid and he gets sent off and scores an own goal on his debut

20 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Glad to see this is being handled as well as our first loss will be.

This is being handled much better by those standards. This is being handled like Howe waiting until the 80th to make a sub - at worst. Or maybe like trippier giving the ball away leading to a goal in a tough fought 1-1 draw away from home. Our first loss to a bottom half side will be met with the usual doom addicts calling for SJP to be nuked. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Feel sorry for any club trying to buy Wharton next summer.

Wharton is on a long deal but Anderson or Mateta also have two years left and would have to be mad to extend after seeing this. 

The reason Brighton get to sign young players with high ceilings is that they are given a career progression. Bruno extending with us because we gave him a clause. This saga is a flashing red light to any young player or their agent about Crystal Palace.

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

£150m should do it :lol:

(other clubs will have no issue dealing with them)

Then £151, then £157, then £160, then he's not for sale, then "right £165 and yours" OK £165, " nar we want £170"