Marc Guehi

gdm

Which CB could we get for no more than £65m who is:

A) better than Guehi 

B) not already 30+ years old 

C) not earning £150K+ a week

I can think of a few who might match that description. But I’ll take Mitchell’s scouting acumen over my Dennis Wise-esque armchair scouting.

28 minutes ago, Deuce said:

But I’ll take Mitchell’s scouting acumen over my Dennis Wise-esque armchair scouting.

What's Mitchell actually done for us? Back yourself, Deuce. I trust in your vision

44 minutes ago, Deuce said:

A) better than Guehi 

I can think of a few who might match that description. But I’ll take Mitchell’s scouting acumen over my Dennis Wise-esque armchair scouting.

I dont personally know, but I refuse to believe there isn't one. Remember when people took the piss out of Man U for signing that random unknown Vidic?

Wanna wake tomorrow, potter about for a bit and then when i sit down to watch the footy, news in that Guehi is not in the Palace squad, because he's on his way to us for a medical.

1 hour ago, Deuce said:

A) better than Guehi 

Strong reports Sporting would let Diomande go for less than that.

There must be. The problem is none is EPL proven and Howe wants that. You can say trust Eddie, I would say he has to held responsible for all the consequence.

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

You can say trust Eddie, I would say he has to held responsible for all the consequence.

What do you mean by that?

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

There must be. The problem is none is EPL proven and Howe wants that. You can say trust Eddie, I would say he has to held responsible for all the consequence.

Not so much EPL proven (see Bruno, Tonali, Isak etc) but right now someone who is plug and play ready in the Premier could be worth that bit extra.

23 minutes ago, Pata said:

What do you mean by that?

we are paying a huge premium for the EPL experience, or in other words, to minimise the risk that Guehi is not as good as expected. So what if that really happens? “Ah, nice try. Good game. Move on”?

27 minutes ago, madras said:

Not so much EPL proven (see Bruno, Tonali, Isak etc) but right now someone who is plug and play ready in the Premier could be worth that bit extra.

I can only hope he won’t be the new Woodgate, the last defender we have such a big hype before signing.

Edited by Zero

11 minutes ago, Zero said:

I can only hope he won’t be the new Woodgate, the last defender we have such a big hype before signing.

Really ? Woodgate was probably the best Centre half I've seen play for us and we turned a healthy profit on him. Injuries done him.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Really ? Woodgate was probably the best Centre half I've seen play for us and we turned a healthy profit on him. Injuries done him.

He can only mean he hopes hes not as injury prone as Woodgate rather than actually not rating Woodgate?

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Exactly what I want to say, injury might happens. We got Woodgate at a very decent price, hence we are not royally fucked. Not this time. We simply can’t fail.