Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, jack j said:

He can only mean he hopes hes not as injury prone as Woodgate rather than actually not rating Woodgate?

Kinda. The are lots of reasons a transfer could be a failure. By spending over 70m pounds on Guehi, we are at the point of no return.

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Strong reports Sporting would let Diomande go for less than that.

Diomande is a promising young player, but he’s not close to Guehi as a proven talent.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

Kinda. The are lots of reasons a transfer could be a failure. By spending over 70m pounds on Guehi, we are at the point of no return.

You're right. We should never sign anyone again for this very reason. Too much risk. 

I’m pretty happy either way, if we bring him in great, if we get another player in who is a solid back up to Schar then great too. Either way we need another option there that’s plainly obvious and one with decent pace would be good.

12 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Disregarding the daft cunts here on Mitchell's case, already, there was a point on the coverage when I had a little moment of calm. 

We've had some proper frauds involved with this club over the years. Some rank useless bastards as well. Even some wankers, deliberately, working to undermine us. 

Wor Flags, rightly, offered a consideration to Amanda and Merhdad but they weren't football professionals. 

Shortly after Schar got sent off the camera span to Eales, Mitchell and Bunce. They kna the crack. 

We're in safe hands and they'll either get Guehi or not. 

I trust them regardless. 

Said the same thing pretty much in another thread.

The added bonus in all this there here for the Kudos, not to make money.

5 hours ago, Zero said:

we are paying a huge premium for the EPL experience, or in other words, to minimise the risk that Guehi is not as good as expected. So what if that really happens? “Ah, nice try. Good game. Move on”?

Zero positivity, amirite?

Just now, Shearergol said:

Zero positivity, amirite?

I can only say I would pray for his health every Sunday during mass, if we really paid the 7th most expensive fees for a defender in history

Just now, Zero said:

I can only say I would pray for his health every Sunday during mass, if we really paid the 7th most expensive fees for a defender in history

Well, quite. Pretty sure that applies to nearly every big transfer deal in the world?

”oh no, hope we don’t spend money on a player in case he gets injured”

32 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Well, quite. Pretty sure that applies to nearly every big transfer deal in the world?

”oh no, hope we don’t spend money on a player in case he gets injured”

Other clubs who paid this amount could afford it even if it fails

we are doing this when we are having PSR limit problem

yea I know no more PSR boredom. Forget it. I am in the “fuck it just spend and enjoy” camp now. Ok?

There's no way this Guehi deal puts us in PSR trouble. It might be the only deal we can do (without outgoings) and it might take us close but I don't think for a second we would put ourselves in that position again.

Call myself Mr positivity pants though.

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

Other clubs who paid this amount could afford it even if it fails

we are doing this when we are having PSR limit problem

yea I know no more PSR boredom. Forget it. I am in the “fuck it just spend and enjoy” camp now. Ok?

But the point is, that's the same for any player we might dump a load of cash on, not just Guehi. Anyone we spend upwards of £40m on we really need to be a success, avoid injury etc.

So do we just bottle it, stick with what we've got and hang around that 7th to 10th area or do we take the risk, spend money on a player we have extensively scouted, is our top target and hope Eddie can coach an extra 25-50% out of them? 

It will be interesting to see if he plays today, "small muscle injury" - we are selling and protecting the money, "heads not right" - he's told palce to fuck off and wants to move.

17 minutes ago, STM said:

There's no way this Guehi deal puts us in PSR trouble. It might be the only deal we can do (without outgoings) and it might take us close but I don't think for a second we would put ourselves in that position again.

Call myself Mr positivity pants though.

I agree, based solely on Douglas article where he said the club told him we will never allow ourselves to be in the same position as this summer (regarding needing to sell).

16 hours ago, Pixelphish said:

65+ 5 looking real cheap right now.

If it means we drop our alleged interest in Joe Gomez for £45m then get it done.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

If it means we drop our alleged interest in Joe Gomez for £45m then get it done.

Whilst I think the fee palace want is outrageous this does put it into context.

If Gomez is 45m then Guehi is up toward 60m, in the market.

6 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Whilst I think the fee palace want is outrageous this does put it into context.

If Gomez is 45m then Guehi is up toward 60m, in the market.

I think we will end up paying a premium for Guelhi, but I really don't want players like Gomez who won't close the gap with clubs like Liverpool.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Parish on TalkSPORT just now. Hasn’t mentioned Guehi yet.

Bet the cunt wears a LV handbag while he’s fishing for attention. 

Few hours and we'll have a better idea of how advanced any bids/talks are. If Guehi actually starts you'd imagine we're still a way off with any agreement. Anything else and you'd think the deal has a good chance of getting done this week, especially if he's not even in the squad, that seems unlikely though. 

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Few hours and we'll have a better idea of how advanced any bids/talks are. If Guehi actually starts you'd imagine we're still a way off with any agreement. Anything else and you'd think the deal has a good chance of getting done this week, especially if he's not even in the squad, that seems unlikely though. 

He'll start unless a deal is agreed imo.