Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, Willow said:

Ok I've just bought an away top from the temporary club shop so hopefully that moves things along.

You're welcome.

Just imagine if that's the purchase that gives us the financial wiggle room to make the deal happen!

5 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

I'm in Greece, 2 hours ahead. Leave it with me lads

Get the Japanese Geordies on the case! (It’s already tomorrow there, name already on shirts Shirley!)

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

3 hours ago, Paully said:

I see twitter is full of Man Utd fans mocking the price we're paying for this and saying how Ashworth is a genius etc - have the morons forgot some of the prices they've paid recently?!

They paid £59 million for an 18 year old centre back with a year's experience in France, that was in the last year of his contract, and that wanted to join Real Madrid.

This to replace their English £80 million centre back that they can't shift, who should be in his prime.

The kid came in and has right away picked up an injury that is going to keep him out for months. And still they are running off at the mouth and tempting fate.

Looking forward to seeing how both deals play out.

4 hours ago, Paully said:

I see twitter is full of Man Utd fans mocking the price we're paying for this and saying how Ashworth is a genius etc - have the morons forgot some of the prices they've paid recently?!

I suppose they'd say those signings were before Ashworth and that's precisely why he's been brought in. Time will tell but I'm not sure he pulled up any trees with his signings while he was here.

48 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They paid £59 million for an 18 year old centre back with a year's experience in France, that was in the last year of his contract, and that wanted to join Real Madrid.

This to replace their English £80 million centre back that they can't shift, who should be in his prime.

The kid came in and has right away picked up an injury that is going to keep him out for months. And still they are running off at the mouth and tempting fate.

They can just do the same again next window until they get it right however. A luxury not afforded to other clubs.

3 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

They can just do the same again next window until they get it right however. A luxury not afforded to other clubs.

It's exactly that mindset that keeps leading to them being so careless in the market, and signing duds.

57 minutes ago, KaKa said:

hmm you could frame it that way. But you could also view the Yoro deal as buying someone who is seen as the most promising young centreback on the market. Also if the deal works out he could be there for 15-20 years.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's exactly that mindset that keeps leading to them being so careless in the market, and signing duds.

Throw enough it will stick. Mind you they've been throwing a while as you hinted at.

20 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

hmm you could frame it that way. But you could also view the Yoro deal as buying someone who is seen as the most promising young centreback on the market. Also if the deal works out he could be there for 15-20 years.

If any deal works out it's a good deal. Goes without saying.

They overpaid when he had a year left, in order to force his club to push him to Man Utd, when he wanted to go elsewhere. So why their fans are going on about the Guehi fee I don't know.

They have also done a horrible job of bringing along young talent the last 10 years at least. And so we'll see how this 'most promising young centre back' comes along, after one year at Lille and now joining them.

42 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Can I run the bath yet? I fucking stink.

Well I mean some people having been running one for 2 weeks now. Kielder reservoir is going to be dry, and Northumbrian water are going to be raking it in.

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If any deal works out it's a good deal. Goes without saying.

They overpaid when he had a year left, in order to force his club to push him to Man Utd, when he wanted to go elsewhere. So why their fans are going on about the Guehi fee I don't know.

They have also done a horrible job of bringing along young talent the last 10 years at least. And so we'll see how this 'most promising young centre back' comes along, after one year at Lille and now joining them.

Tbf Ashworth is very good at establishing a (I forgot the word he used, which has since become common parlance on this forum) channel* for youth players to break into the first team. He was very successful doing this at Brighton, so I can’t imagine it’ll be much different at Man Utd.

*this isn’t the word and it’s annoying me.

Edited by McCormick

Just now, McCormick said:

Tbf Ashworth is very good at establishing a (I forgot the word he used, which has since become common parlance on this forum) channel* for youth players to break into the first team. He was very successful doing this at Brighton, so I can’t imagine it’ll be much different at Man Utd.

Pathway?

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Pathway?

I think this will be huge for us, annoying reading all the negativity. 

Has Parish done his usual barrel bending? Of course. Have we overpaid? Time will tell. I feel this is a ten year signing, and he will be with us until we need him to depart, and if so, it would have been a fantastic signing.

Hall - Botman - Guehi - Tino

Going into any season for the next decade would allow us to spend elsewhere (maybe LB upgrade, time will tell).

Hope this happens, gagging for some action.

P.S. Agree with all the RW scare mongering. I mentioned Gnonto and Madueke a few month back, would snap at the chance to have either.

3 minutes ago, Justdoesit said:

I think this will be huge for us, annoying reading all the negativity. 

Has Parish done his usual barrel bending? Of course. Have we overpaid? Time will tell. I feel this is a ten year signing, and he will be with us until we need him to depart, and if so, it would have been a fantastic signing.

Hall - Botman - Guehi - Tino

Going into any season for the next decade would allow us to spend elsewhere (maybe LB upgrade, time will tell).

Hope this happens, gagging for some action.

P.S. Agree with all the RW scare mongering. I mentioned Gnonto and Madueke a few month back, would snap at the chance to have either.

We'd be an RW and a top GK away from having a first XI who'd push the top 2 imo.