Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

As I said this morning, I don't think whether he plays tonight or not holds any importance in the grand scheme of things. He's the player we want for the long term... we're not going to walk away because he might miss a few games.

But it does say it’s not close to be finalized if he play tonight. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Being cup-tied in a cup we'll be aiming to win isn't just 'a few games' man, howeh. :lol: 

Well, it is though isn’t it? We’re buying him for 5+ years. The early part of the competition he probably wouldn’t start in anyway. IF (and it’s still and if), he’s cup tied, he’ll max miss a Quarter, Semi and Final, and by that time Botman and Lascelles will be back in the squad.

I just don’t think it’s that important.

7 minutes ago, KennyUtd said:

Who knew being the richest club in the workd would be so fkn infuriating. Can't spend, won't spend. Not sure which one it is but it's dull as fuck. Where's the roller coaster we were all promised? I feel cheated, going for a lie down. Wake me up on the 2nd.

We have spent basically every last penny we're allowed to spend since the takeover happened. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Well, it is though isn’t it? We’re buying him for 5+ years. The early part of the competition he probably wouldn’t start in anyway. IF (and it’s still and if), he’s cup tied, he’ll max miss a Quarter, Semi and Final, and by that time Botman and Lascelles will be back in the squad.

I just don’t think it’s that important.

It obviously isn't no :lol:, it's not like just 5 random league games, it's a 5 game cup competition that we'll be attempting to win. 

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Hope he comes on and we pull out, was in love with this transfer a few weeks ago at 55m. It’s legit just an annoying part of the forum now.

I hate it at £70m be a relief when it gets done but he’s never a £70m player and I’ll get the feeling we’ll have been done off the back of a good Euros

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It obviously isn't no :lol:, it's not like just 5 random league games, it's a 5 game cup competition that we'll be attempting to win. 

Yes, but my point is the club say over and over again that every decision they make is about the long term. I don’t think it’ll make much difference in their thinking.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yes, but my point is the club say over and over again that every decision they make is about the long term. I don’t think it’ll make much difference in their thinking.

A player for the next 5 seasons not just this season kinda thing? 

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

There's another club involved in this. If he plays for them tonight it's as good an indication as any that we should finally stop wasting our time.