Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I don’t know who’s more stupid, Palace for their ridiculous demands or us for being strung along by that goblin Parish.

Of course it’s us

Edited by Zero

I mean, I feel like we are a bit more desperate than before for a decent CB.  But we went back in for Botman after missing out the first time.  I wonder if that is the plan here.  Don't go in at a ridiculous price and chance your arm in January or next summer at a much more sensible fee.

Of course that significantly opens the door to a lot of other clubs when the price is more reasonable.  Clubs who could offer better terms, a better league position, Europe etc. 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Again nothing of actual substance in either of those articles. Just hedging bets. 

In fairness if a load of journalists come out with the same thing at the same time it usually means someone has been briefing the media.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I mean, I feel like we are a bit more desperate than before for a decent CB.  But we went back in for Botman after missing out the first time.  I wonder if that is the plan here.  Don't go in at a ridiculous price and chance your arm in January or next summer at a much more sensible fee.

Of course that significantly opens the door to a lot of other clubs when the price is more reasonable.  Clubs who could offer better terms, a better league position, Europe etc. 

I think the reason we’ve persisted here is because we know that we’ve got next to no chance once his value starts to drop. 

Just now, christ said:

I think the reason we’ve persisted here is because we know that we’ve got next to no chance once his value starts to drop. 

Aye.  Probably true.  

Tough one, as all signs point to him being our number one target.  The same way Botman was.  So we were happy to wait.  But I think if we wait here we'll end up in a mess at the back with our current CB options and we'll miss out on him next year, anyway. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

There really is no sense of bedwetting or hyperbole about this like, it's been objectively pathetic the way they've gone about this.

100% and we’ve only got ourselves to blame. The price they quoted was a fuck off price to begin with yet we kept barking up the palace tree. (Embarrassed twice in one summer by palace is indeed hilarious).