Marc Guehi

gdm

It'd be disappointing not to sign him, but if we have a price point that we're not willing to budge from, and they have a price point they're not willing to budge from, than its fair enough really.

I don't really see how it's embarrassing for either side really, both clubs are just trying to protect their assets, which is again, fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

There really is no sense of bedwetting or hyperbole about this like, it's been objectively pathetic the way they've gone about this.

Whilst I agree, that would only be on the basis that what we've been told by the media has been true.

One way or another, the media have been absolutely wrong.... including the bald cunt above who said it was happening twice.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

It'd be disappointing not to sign him, but if we have a price point that we're not willing to budge from, and they have a price point they're not willing to budge from, than its fair enough really.

I don't really see how it's embarrassing for either side really, both clubs are just trying to protect their assets, which is again, fair enough. 

Because we’ve wasted weeks on it. 

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

You'd really hate to think that we were never planning to spend much all along, but something somewhere doesn't add up. Monumental risk taking by the club to proceed standing pat.

Yeah that's the only other thing that it suggests tbh. Because otherwise it really has Ashley era levels of incompetence about it.

The worry is the club really doesn't want to invest further into Howe's image of the squad.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, 54 said:

It’s more the fact it’s been dragged out until the day before the window closes than we disagree on price like.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

There really is no sense of bedwetting or hyperbole about this like, it's been objectively pathetic the way they've gone about this.

Yeah.  Unless they suddenly pull something out the bag (doubtful).  The ratings for this transfer window are going to make for grim reading :lol: 

Will wait and see where we are tomorrow night but aye if we've really managed not to sign a CB or a RW this has been a fucking disaster [emoji38] Wouldn't read too much into a Graeme Bailey article like, will wait to see who else reports it. 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

We should have come to this conclusion a month ago man :lol:

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah.  Unless they suddenly pull something out the bag (doubtful).  The ratings for this transfer window are going to make for grim reading :lol: 

They’re grim when we’ve had decent windows. Minus figures ahoy :lol:

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

It’s embarrassing because we should’ve moved on ages ago to another target. Hopefully they still have someone in mind and there’s still time.