Marc Guehi

gdm

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Why though? He's worth nowhere near that value

I think he's worth 45-50 personally. I'd be happy to pay a little extra.

People are kneejerk imo, one mistake he's suddenly shit.

When this thread broke I don't remember many people saying we shouldn't sign him.

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

When this thread broke I don't remember many people saying we shouldn't sign him.

General sentiment was that we were overpaying, then it got to a point where most didn’t care and just wanted to sign a marquee player.

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I don't think personally he's worth even anywhere near £40 million. He's never impressed me greatly in the games I have seen him play for Palace. He was atrocious in the game up here last season 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I don't think personally he's worth even anywhere near £40 million. He's never impressed me greatly in the games I have seen him play for Palace. He was atrocious in the game up here last season 

That’s what I have been saying myself. Even just look at his defending on the weekend for the Leicester goal.

He’s got some attributes that we would like in the side and is still young so can develop with us. But he’s nowhere worth the money they talked about in the summer. I’m pretty sure we didn’t get close to £65m too as we know it’s not good value. A fee around the Botman price to me is fair, but having a decent couple games for England means you’re now a ‘superstar’ it seems

11 minutes ago, Menace said:

He's a starting England centre back who turned 24 a few months ago. I think £50M is a fair price for him personally.

He was only a starter at the euros because Maguire got injured. I think Maguire and Stones are still first choice. Guehi might be first choice back up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Konsa gets picked ahead of him.

47 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

He was only a starter at the euros because Maguire got injured. I think Maguire and Stones are still first choice. Guehi might be first choice back up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Konsa gets picked ahead of him.

You make a valid point - however I personally don't think Maguire gets game time under Carsley/new manager.

Interesting that he looks to be suffering from Anderson going, to me he looks like he would be to compliment Schar rather than a Schar replacement.

Good to see Schar scoring goals while Guehi is getting rinsed for pace and strength by a 37 year old.

7 hours ago, gbandit said:

Often go to bed at night wondering how this forum would function if we didn’t have Jigen keeping us right 

I've just noticed he's keeping them right on Villa Talk too.

He's on there telling them Man U have far superior players to them and only Martinez would get in the manure team.  

Got them biting like fuck [emoji38]

7 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Antonio Silva-Benfica for less money this winter. Let him play behind Schar to get acclimated. He can step in to cover Botman too like Guehi. 

You’re getting less player as well.

On 23/09/2024 at 12:46, rebelrouser said:

He's only 20. Maybe in 4 years he equals Guehi.  We have more to spend on RW that way too. 

Tbf, when you put it that way, you can understand why Howe wants PL proven signings. He more than likely won't be here in 4 years time, he's not going to see the benefit of buying development players.

He doesn't have time for development players if it means they can't very quickly jump into how he wants to play football and when he's probably got a "must make europe" target on his back every season. 

Max Kilman went for £40m

Archie Gray went for £30m from the Champioonship

Laughable to those suggesting his value is anything under £50m

Edited by Roids