Marc Guehi

gdm

1 hour ago, Fak said:

What does it say?

Toon grow with new shrink 

Newcastle are hiring a psychologist who will be asked to provide psychological and behavioural assessments of prospective signings.

The new employee will become a key component of the club's recruitment process and this, for me, is a move that should be applauded and is long overdue. To tell you why, I will share a story. It was the summer of 2015 and I was in Brussels to write a background report on Aleksandar Mitrovic, who was in the process of joining the Magpies from Anderlecht. The subsequent headline in the  Daily Mail read: 'Newcastle's new striker is a five-year-old trapped in a monster's body.'

The club were furious - they thought it was mischief-making - and it was said that a senior official slapped the newspaper down on a desk at the training ground.

Within 16 minutes of his full home debut, Mitrovic had been sent off. His season finished with an equally reckless dismissal and a four-match ban. It would appear that, through conversations with those on the ground at his former club, I had known a little more about the type of character Newcastle were signing than the club did.

Character references, of course, are part of the game, and Eddie Howe and his staff do their utmost to know everything about a player away from the football pitch. But the arrival of a specially trained psychologist who will provide detailed reports on the person behind the player is a smart move. The same employee will also be responsible for a wellbeing support plan for new signings and providing psychological support to loan players.

Edited by Kanji

24 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Toon grow with new shrink 

Newcastle are hiring a psychologist who will be asked to provide psychological and behavioural assessments of prospective signings.

The new employee will become a key component of the club's recruitment process and this, for me, is a move that should be applauded and is long overdue. To tell you why, I will share a story. It was the summer of 2015 and I was in Brussels to write a background report on Aleksandar Mitrovic, who was in the process of joining the Magpies from Anderlecht. The subsequent headline in the  Daily Mail read: 'Newcastle's new striker is a five-year-old trapped in a monster's body.'

The club were furious - they thought it was mischief-making - and it was said that a senior official slapped the newspaper down on a desk at the training ground.

Within 16 minutes of his full home debut, Mitrovic had been sent off. His season finished with an equally reckless dismissal and a four-match ban. It would appear that, through conversations with those on the ground at his former club, I had known a little more about the type of character Newcastle were signing than the club did.

Character references, of course, are part of the game, and Eddie Howe and his staff do their utmost to know everything about a player away from the football pitch. But the arrival of a specially trained psychologist who will provide detailed reports on the person behind the player is a smart move. The same employee will also be responsible for a wellbeing support plan for new signings and providing psychological support to loan players.

Did this blerk leave? https://www.newcastleunited.com/en/news/newcastle-united-appoint-dr-ian-mitchell-as-head-of-psychology

15 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Shocking shocking defending on Liverpool's goal from Guehi. Convinced we'll stay away come January and move to more clever business.

I think you could be correct.

I don't know if the transfer crap has had an effect on him or not, but he looks a shadow of the player he was in the Euro's.

Edited by Dancing Brave

They could've just kept Andersen instead.. More money and probably would've given them better performances aswell. A bit of hindsight here, but the difference in transfer fee was massive, especially with Guehis contract situation.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

They could've just kept Andersen instead.. More money and probably would've given them better performances aswell. A bit of hindsight here, but the difference in transfer fee was massive, especially with Guehis contract situation.

Parish got his chin scratched by the Cartel for being a good boy though. You can't put a value on that.

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Andersen was always the better player whenever I watched them. 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Howe's record with players is good anyway, but his centre back record is so good that I just have to assume he'd turn Guehi into something extremely good and so far unseen. 

Howe can’t fix his standout weakness which is his aerial ability. 

I feel bad for the lad because Parish has played him up to be the next Van Dijk. Gave another stellar opportunity away as time was running out to Jota.

Clearly a talented passer of the ball, but he probably doesn't get in over Burn in their current form at the moment - would drive Eddie mad to see the opportunities he allows.