Marc Guehi

gdm

At this point I’d be happy to start Kelly alongside Schar and have Hall at LB. Kelly is 3” taller and looks quicker to me.  Bournemouth fans seem to really rate Kelly, we can’t get fixated over Guehi.

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

Tbf Palace just put their best run of form together in years from January, and Guehi played about 95 minutes of it (in midfield, mostly)... Can see why their fans may think they can get by without him. 

I was thinking the same. 

28 minutes ago, Andy said:

Tbf Palace just put their best run of form together in years from January, and Guehi played about 95 minutes of it (in midfield, mostly)... Can see why their fans may think they can get by without him. 

Possible we thought that’s why we could get him, in a similar way to getting people like Isak and Gordon in slight career dips. 

16 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

As I’ve said previously palace don’t need to sell. We could offer 65 plus 5 million they would still reject it. Time to move on.

Palace sold Olise for 60m, and he had 3 years left in his contract when it happened. Now they want more for Guehi? A defender with 2 years left on his contract? Yeah I don’t think they want to sell. 

Just now, Solitude20 said:

Palace sold Olise for 60m, and he had 3 years left in his contract when it happened. Now they want more for Guehi? A defender with 2 years left on his contract? Yeah I don’t think they want to sell. 

Olise had a release clause.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Smells like Parish just acting the cant. 

He hates Newcastle.  When the takeover happened he was the first one to suggest rule changes.  Amanda at the time said "see you in court".  He went off it and went crying to Richard Masters.  The bloke is an absolute shithouse!

50m with some weird add ons isn’t a bad deal.. but more than that and it’s time to walk away.

Now we tend not to deal publicly like this with bids and what not so it feels off. May this is how Mitchell likes to deal.. but I doubt it. We just make an agreement and wrap stuff up. Anything that’s ever dragged on this long has turned out to be bullshit, or we got cold feet. Or player didn’t want to come (French git)

But only thing about this transfer is that it would be a statement.. and maybe that’s only reason we’re still at the table.

17 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We didn’t offer more. We restructured the deal. We won’t go higher

And we shouldn’t. I really don’t understand the hype around him based on what seem like five decent games at the Euros. Yes, he’s talented and I’d love him here because I think he would grow with us, but the money being talked about just feels wrong to me.

I guess that’s the problem with buying from a PL team, everyone has money and thinks every talented player is a superstar 

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

And we shouldn’t. I really don’t understand the hype around him based on what seem like five decent games at the Euros. Yes, he’s talented and I’d love him here because I think he would grow with us, but the money being talked about just feels wrong to me.

I guess that’s the problem with buying from a PL team, everyone has money and thinks every talented player is a superstar 

Don’t disagree. Can’t wait until we start unearthing young superstars rather than over paying on known talents. A mixture of both would be nice but not with our financial restrictions 

Think it’s unfortunate if we start thinking Guehi isn’t good just because Parish is talking shite.

He’s class, in stats the closet equivalents are Gabriel and Saliba. 

Of course we shouldn’t pay anything, but he would be a top signing. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

27 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it’s unfortunate if we start thinking Guehi isn’t good just because Parish is talking shite.

He’s class, in stats the closet equivalents are Gabriel and Saliba. 

Of course we shouldn’t pay anything, but he would be a top signing. 

He’s absolutely class. He’s not £60m class. There are class players on the continent for less than that.

We’re not in a position to blow more than our actual budget on one player.

12 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He’s absolutely class. He’s not £60m class. There are class players on the continent for less than that.

We’re not in a position to blow more than our actual budget on one player.

Yeah I'm not saying we are, the club can decide that. I'm just saying that we don't need to pretend he's not a great player. 

Someone mentioned the other day that Mitchell likes things done on the hush hush. And once someone makes it public he walks away. 

Steve dobby parish has basically made us look like fools we will walk in my opinion. 

Edited by andycap