Marc Guehi

gdm

Found these comments interesting from Howe:

There are two ways to look at it,” said Howe, whose side kick off the new Premier League season against Southampton tomorrow. “If you believe in the deal, believe in the player and it’s still within your financial structure, then yes, 100 per cent, you keep working on it.

“But there are also times where we have to go, ‘Okay, that’s too much’, and we’ve done that plenty of times in the last two-and-a-half years. People might not have found out about that, but we’ve had to switch targets. It depends on the deal and the amount of money that you’re going to spend.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well nothing, if you don't really want to sell. We're assume they're willing to sell, otherwise the whole thing is moot. 

I mean, Parish may well agree and sell now. Just hope this doesn't leave us short of a RW and we're also not scrambling at the end of the season to sell anyone we can to meet PSR again. My trust in those running the club took a hit after the PSR shambles.

19 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

If you don't really want to sell and know the bidding club will keep coming up what's your incentive to settle?

Massive incentive for me would be that if we sign him then this insane thread can get locked and frozen in carbonite like Han Solo then dumped into the North Sea off the side of the DFDS ferry and it’ll never be opened again 

We can then start a brand new thread called NUFC’s Marc Guehi: Aerial Duels Won / Lost  

Edited by bobbydazzla

Not used to our deals being so public. Don't like it!

Can't say I'm particularly keen on this deal now, assuming it goes ahead. Could mean no other significant signings for a couple of years, or even a major sale next summer to avoid a points deduction.

Hope there's some significant commercial deals on the cards...

Edited by Turnbull2000

2 minutes ago, Jamie87 said:

Considering we offered £70m for Olise, they're well aware of how much we can afford unfortunately. Puts us in a tricky negotiating position.

Surely we didn't?

8 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I mean, Parish may well agree and sell now. Just hope this doesn't leave us short of a RW and we're also not scrambling at the end of the season to sell anyone we can to meet PSR again. My trust in those running the club took a hit after the PSR shambles.

this is exactly where I am at. Don’t just say “trust the club/management” easily like the problem doesn’t exists.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

this is exactly where I am at. Don’t just say “trust the club/management” easily like the problem doesn’t exists.

If things played out as the media claim (there's a lot that doesn't add up) and the club are as methodical and process driven as claimed, I'd be surprised if any mistakes were repeated.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I am one of the FFP bores, and I’m also geet excited at the prospect of signing this lad for a stupendous sum of money

In theory I'm concerned about FFP, but since I can't be bothered to read the accounts and don't know how much we can spend, all I can do is leave it to the experts to decide on spending. 

19 minutes ago, Jamie87 said:

Considering we offered £70m for Olise, they're well aware of how much we can afford unfortunately. Puts us in a tricky negotiating position.

Even if that is true, the entire football world knows how much more attackers/goalscorers are worth compared to defenders.