Marc Guehi

gdm

When I was having my breakfast in the Copthorne this morning there was a big good looking black guy with headphones and horrible Croc like trainers walking up and down the quayside, I'm 20% sure it was him 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s not available obviously but I think Konsa is a better player and a similar one. Not the right age but Anderson too.  He was poor last season apparently but I was impressed with Aguerd in his first season. I don’t pay a lot of attention to other teams CBs in the main - Funnily enough outside of Palace and Real.  

Might be controversial but I prefer Joe Gomez too.  I like my central defenders big, strong and tall. Seeing your CB easily outjumped is so painful.  I used to think Schar was weak defensively in the air but he’s a bit of a monster now.  So who knows. 

I would prefer someone not well established in the PL tbh.  I’d never heard of Bruno before he joined so there’s lots of quality out there that I don’t know about.  

I do like Guehi. Talented player. But if he costs £40m+… I feel like our super SD could find us better value for money

Fair enough. Everyone has their preferences.

I really like Guehi though. Think he's a very physically strong, composed and intelligent defender. He's also really good on the ball and passes it well with both feet.

I don't recall him struggling in the air and that being a big issue tbh. 

As a partner for Botman long term, I'd certainly have him over Anderson who isn't as quick, and over Gomez who is too rash and careless for me. Aguerd is left footed and looks like he'll be out at West Ham as he struggled after a decent start there. I like and rate Konsa and there are some similarities to Guehi there, but Guehi is 3 years younger and so a better investment.

Yeah, there'll be other players out there I'm sure, but I can see the attraction in getting in someone that slots straight in and is already comfortable in the league. Will allow us to be more of a threat in the league right away.

Just now, Ben said:

When I was having my breakfast in the Copthorne this morning there was a big good looking black guy with headphones and horrible Croc like trainers walking up and down the quayside, I'm 20% sure it was him 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s not available obviously but I think Konsa is a better player and a similar one. Not the right age but Anderson too.  He was poor last season apparently but I was impressed with Aguerd in his first season. I don’t pay a lot of attention to other teams CBs in the main - Funnily enough outside of Palace and Real.  

Might be controversial but I prefer Joe Gomez too.  I like my central defenders big, strong and tall. Seeing your CB easily outjumped is so painful.  I used to think Schar was weak defensively in the air but he’s a bit of a monster now.  So who knows. 

I would prefer someone not well established in the PL tbh.  I’d never heard of Bruno before he joined so there’s lots of quality out there that I don’t know about.  

I do like Guehi. Talented player. But if he costs £40m+… I feel like our super SD could find us better value for money

Baresi and Cannavaro were both 5’9”, and they were ok at centre back.  Centre backs don’t need to be man mountains. 

Scratching my head at a lot of the negativity re this as a potential signing.  The lad is quality.  

Would be an unreal signing. Would add a bit of speed to our otherwise fairly slow back 4. 

You’d imagine he’ll have better offers, though? Stock is at an all time high after a good Euros. 

Just now, TRon said:

Fuck me, nothing happening for a month, then you nip out for a bit of lunch and all hell breaks loose in that one hour.

Fecking stay out then 😉

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Baresi and Cannavaro were both 5’9”, and they were ok at centre back.  Centre backs don’t need to be man mountains. 

Scratching my head at a lot of the negativity re this as a potential signing.  The lad is quality.  

Its like they want it over good news. Sad as fuck

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Lads not Baresi though is he?

I like a big strong CB.  I like a quick winger.   Preference init. 

For 60m a CB needs a lot of boxes ticked.  

27 minutes ago, Robbo2 said:

Any chance this is a smokescreen to show Milan we're not putting all of eggs in the Thiaw basket - trying to twist their arm over the fee?

Think it might be a smokescreen of sorts, for the right price I'm sure we'd take him, but if it flushes out the Chelseas or Liverpools it would still serve a purpose by showing clubs like Milan we aren't going to pay over the top.

Hoping this goes through quickly. Be class to be a done deal over the weekend. I think if it happens, it has to happen fast like isak. The linger it goes on, the less likely to happen. Big weekend ahead.

Going big on Guehi doesn't automatically mean we're not still in the market for a RW too. No reason why we couldn't buy Guehi and use a loan to get a big RW and defer the payment for a year. We get both positions filled this month and spread the cost without losing a purple. 

Have full confidence in the transfer team and finding a way to make us as strong as we possibly can be - shit is clearly happening behind the scenes, just going to relax and see where we are on 1st Sept 

He does tick a lot of boxes though doesn’t he? We have Botman alongside him so maybe he can take care of slot of the Ariel battles. Plus we have some midfielders who are capable on that department.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Lads not Baresi though is he?

I like a big strong CB.  I like a quick winger.   Preference init. 

For 60m a CB needs a lot of boxes ticked.  

Few are, but I don’t think that players in specific positions necessarily need specific physical attributes.  In terms of wingers, Waddle, Ginola and Solano weren’t exactly shit off a stick, but did ok for us.

£60m doesn’t look crackers for an England centre back to me tbh.  Stones was £50m eight years ago, and Maguire was £80m

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Hoping this goes through quickly. Be class to be a done deal over the weekend. I think if it happens, it has to happen fast like isak. The linger it goes on, the less likely to happen. Big weekend ahead.

I’d be surprised if it gets done quick tbh.