The Other 19

madras

My guess is Chelsea have done something novel with wages. It’s widely reported their salaries are low, sub £100k. That hasn’t made much sense as why would a player being signed for 50m agree to that.

I reckon they’ve done something with future transfer fees or something that boosts the cash the players get. For example if he’s sold before 2033, maybe Chelsea have to pay up his entire contract in full. Then for him adding a few years is guaranteeing more money like a higher salary, but he has to wait for it

tl;dr Chelsea have found a new wheeze (or think they have)

5 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

My guess is Chelsea have done something novel with wages. It’s widely reported their salaries are low, sub £100k. That hasn’t made much sense as why would a player being signed for 50m agree to that.

I reckon they’ve done something with future transfer fees or something that boosts the cash the players get. For example if he’s sold before 2033, maybe Chelsea have to pay up his entire contract in full. Then for him adding a few years is guaranteeing more money like a higher salary, but he has to wait for it

tl;dr Chelsea have found a new wheeze (or think they have)

That's alright until they are sold but also means it'll be nigh on impossible to shift them without paying out a massive fee. 

Talk in the papers already about Chelsea flogging Mudryk. £62m basic rising to £87m with add ons, wonder if any of them have been activated. Can’t see them getting more than £30m back which would be a near £18m hit.

8 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Talk in the papers already about Chelsea flogging Mudryk. £62m basic rising to £87m with add ons, wonder if any of them have been activated. Can’t see them getting more than £30m back which would be a near £18m hit.

When it comes to selling players it probably better to work out how much is left on the books as this is likely more impactful to them atm. 

I see that when we do it, it's morally corrupt and rules should be changed to stop it from happening, but when Arsenal do it, it's completely fine and comparable to one of the best managers in Premier League history.

Andy Samberg GIF