Newcastle United vs. Southampton - 17/08/2024 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Disco

Would like to see Kelly get the nod. From the glimpses I have seen of him this pre season. His long range passing and confidence on the ball will make us a lot better in the build up. 

Guessing it will be something like the below:

Pope

Trippier/Tino

Schar

Burn

Hall

Longstaff

Bruno

Joelinton

Murphy

Isak

Gordon

Murphy has had a good pre-season and Almiron has not been back long. Not sure Howe is planning on shifting Gordon to accommodate Barnes. As much as I’d like them both to start. 

Trippier could be a similar situation to Almiron. Not been back too long and could mean Tino starts. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

Not sure we will.

Sure kelly could slot in at rcb. Doesnt matter if they're both left footed. They're both ahead of krafth playing

Pope: Tino, Schar, Burn, Hall: Longstaff, Bruno, Joe: Gordon, Isak, Murphy

That the team for me opening game. Bit sad looking the team with no new guys, but should be enough to comfortably win, and if it’s not, going to be a bit of a reality check this season.

51 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

That the team for me opening game. Bit sad looking the team with no new guys, but should be enough to comfortably win, and if it’s not, going to be a bit of a reality check this season.

Having Big Joe back is like a new signing. Missed him so much last season.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I’ve a feeling Guehi will be starting this for us tbh. 

I don't think we will have signed him by next Saturday with how slowly things are going

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

We’ve got this new fella called Tonali available soon though.

Pope 

Livramento

Schar

Kelly

Hall

Longstaff

Bruno

Joelinton

Murphy

Isak

Gordon

Would be my team - I would ideally play Willock instead of Longstaff but neither Willock or Joelinton seem effective on the right, Tonali will take that place when he’s back.

Also feel like Howe will probably go with Burn & Trippier in place of Kelly and Livramento.

41 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Pope 

Livramento

Schar

Kelly

Hall

Longstaff

Bruno

Joelinton

Murphy

Isak

Gordon

Would be my team - I would ideally play Willock instead of Longstaff but neither Willock or Joelinton seem effective on the right, Tonali will take that place when he’s back.

Also feel like Howe will probably go with Burn & Trippier in place of Kelly and Livramento.

Agree with everything but I'd throw Barnes on the LW and Gordon on the RW. 

Pope

Trips Schar Burn Krafth

Almiron Bruno Longstaff Gordon

Isak

Isak to limp off in the 60th minute, Pope to pop his should again before half time :angry:

1-2 loss.

I've set my expectations nice and low.

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Pope

Trips Schar Burn Krafth

Almiron Bruno Longstaff Gordon

Isak

Isak to limp off in the 60th minute, Pope to pop his should again before half time :angry:

1-2 loss.

I've set my expectations nice and low.

Howay man!