Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Eddie knows we need to improve our away form from last season. I wonder what practical steps you can take to do that, other than just being better/improved game plans. Would love to know what the coaching team have tried, if they've tried owt. 

Tomorrow's game will be a small but good indicator whether it'll continue to be an issue this season.

Joelinton, Kelly. 

What's wrong with you if you are mentioning Dan Burn and Titus Bramble in the same sentence? The disrespect BDB gets is insane when he should be one of the most loved players in the squad.

8 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Home kit with white shorts and socks maybe? Third kit most likely though I agree.

Never liked white shorts with the home top.

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Can't remember that well but last season's game down there, was our squad depleted with injuries at the time?

Pope

Tripps

Schar

Lascelles

Hall

Longstaff

Willock

Miley

Joelinton

Gordon

Miggy

So, Aye

39 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Can't remember that well but last season's game down there, was our squad depleted with injuries at the time?

As Groundhog says, yes, but maybe even worse was the fatigue that the players on the pitch had. It was the first time that season you saw their backs break mid-match. Might as well not have played the last twenty minutes or so.

11 hours ago, 54 said:

Would like to see something like this:

fotmob_lineup_builder.thumb.png.cfffdd736686ab30faf453b5e0a94b6a.png

I like the idea of trying this, especially if we are not going to add a new RW.  Barnes is too good to sit on the bench, IMO.

However, I cannot see this happening today.  We would essentially be playing all of our remaining CBs, and I am not sure we can risk down that until Schar is back.  Eddie will want a recognised player on this bench in this position, I would have thought.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Was it the game Tripper approached that guy in the crowd? 

Yes, like a scent of let’s right a wrong building up to a match. Chance for redemption as we didn’t show-up last season (maybe harsh squad choice wise but you know what I mean). 

Callum Wilson own goal before he removes his shirt and announces he's returning to BOURNEMOUTH AFC. 

11 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Home kit with white shorts and socks maybe? Third kit most likely though I agree.

3rd shirt, even the NUFC pre-match images show the 3rd shirt/colours.

2 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Not only that, but I believe the two games last season where we had no recognised striker (i.e. no Isak nor Wilson) were Bournemouth home and away. We started that way at home to Luton but at least we had Wilson on the bench.

They got lucky with us last year.

10 hours ago, Pata said:

What's wrong with you if you are mentioning Dan Burn and Titus Bramble in the same sentence? The disrespect BDB gets is insane when he should be one of the most loved players in the squad.

Saved us from relegation at centre back, then switches to his secondary and lesser position of left back and is part of the best defence in the league that gets us a top 4 finish.

Agreed. It makes no sense.