Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 25/08/24 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Howe usually doesn't rotate like this at all.

I know he doesn’t. I think he will this season after what happened last season with injuries. Especially as Kelly’s fitness possibly needs to be managed carefully going off his record. 

The other reason is they are very different types of fullback and can see Hall suiting certain opponents much better.

Just a hunch 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

This one is important to point out. Most here was making it out to be that it was obvious that Hall was going to be the starter based on this, and arguing against any suggestion of Hall not being the starter. After 1 game, which wasn't even horrible, all of a sudden it's the right thing to do to drop him.

Kelly is Howe’s first choice. Simply as that.

Kelly is the starting left back and Hall his deputy.

Been saying this since Kelly signed.

Hall started the first game as Kelly was behind him match fitness wise during pre season.

After the drop of defensively last season, was never convinced Hall would automatically start this season, when Kelly is so much better defensively.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Kelly is Howe’s first choice. Simply as that.

Maybe. Just saying, that's not what the consensus was in here like 2 weeks ago.

Why can't Hall be allowed to develop? He's massively talented and saved us a goal last weekend with his clearance so he has defensive qualities too. How many other players make mistakes and are still selected the next game (rightly or wrongly)? Yet Hall is dropped after one game. My frustration and fear is the dent this will do to Hall's confidence and start to feel like a liability who isn't trusted. I know he's 19 but if you're good enough you're old enough, its kind of irrelevant because he's played at one of the biggest clubs in Chelsea no problem and part of his quality is his almost swagger and quality on the ball. Kelly is good, but this was my fear when he was bought and Hall's game time will once again be limited this season. 

Just now, Erikse said:

Maybe. Just saying, that's not what the consensus was in here like 2 weeks ago.

the true question is what will happen when Botman and Schar is back. Burn and Kelly fighting for LB? Hall on bench till?

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

A nice 1 hours build up to the Liverpool match ahead of our match it seems.

OFCOM should ban this shit.

Just turned sky on and came on here to complain. 

I guess they're the 16:30 game but come on. 

17 hours ago, buzza said:

‐----------pope--------

Livra---krafty--burn--kelly

--longstaff--bruno---joe--

Murphy-----isak----gordon--

Looked very obvious last week that kelly was better than Hall. Previous captain of bournemouth and with good pace and muscles... 

I am quite certain, Eddie Howe, the man who has managed Hall, will have addressed the what and why in a manner that won’t destroy the kid. You know, I don’t feel like it needs to be said, but he isn’t Steve Bruce ffs.

Do you really think Hall is going to kick up a fuss when Lloyd Kelly, previous Bournemouth captain is going to be starting today?

It’s time for us to start showing that we can do it away from home again. The right mindset and play with conviction and control the game. Time to show we have the mentality and ability to control games away from home if we are to compete for top  4. Will be a tough game, but it’s more about us reaching the levels we can be!  I want to see us look sharp and on our toes from the off. 

1 minute ago, timnufc22 said:

Why can't Hall be allowed to develop? He's massively talented and saved us a goal last weekend with his clearance so he has defensive qualities too. How many other players make mistakes and are still selected the next game (rightly or wrongly)? Yet Hall is dropped after one game. My frustration and fear is the dent this will do to Hall's confidence and start to feel like a liability who isn't trusted. I know he's 19 but if you're good enough you're old enough, its kind of irrelevant because he's played at one of the biggest clubs in Chelsea no problem and part of his quality is his almost swagger and quality on the ball. Kelly is good, but this was my fear when he was bought and Hall's game time will once again be limited this season. 

What makes you think he can't develop because he isn't starting every week?

We aren't Brighton. We're not going to be following their model.

We are aiming to be back in the top 4 and last time we achieved that it was based on a rock solid defence.

2 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Howe is a “win now” type of coach. Unless Hall can develop to be good enough for starting eleven, Howe wont start him.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Howe is a “win now” type of coach. Unless Hall can develop to be good enough for starting eleven, Howe wont start him.

Who isn’t a win now coach if you’re aiming to be in the European places?

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Who isn’t a win now coach if you’re aiming to be in the European places?

it’s fine. Just don’t say “Howe is excellent at coaching and developing youngsters”. Last season we argued this for Burn vs Hall and I don’t want to see this shit again.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What makes you think he can't develop because he isn't starting every week?

We aren't Brighton. We're not going to be following their model.

We are aiming to be back in the top 4 and last time we achieved that it was based on a rock solid defence.

This is just an assumption more than anything else, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hall is being benched by default in every league game going forward, unless there are more injuries.

Edited by Erikse