AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (25/08/24)

BlueStar

So lucky man. So grateful though.

Horrible decision starting Longstaff and Murphy on the right.

Hopefully, today means that never happens again.

Absolutely no doubt we've got away with one but speaking purely in terms of the result, that's a good point against a good side and a bogey team for us. 

For all we were very, very ropey for an hour - I was really encouraged by the way we fought control back after the subs and got the goal our play, at that time, deserved. 

Less said about the final scenes the better. We've been very lucky indeed.

Made a decent start in the first 10-15 minutes and then just did nothing for the next 45 minutes.  Finally get going and get back into the game only to need VAR to save us at the end.

I've no idea how we went from being the hard-pressing team that other teams loathed playing to being out-pressed by fucking Bournemouth.  Something is wrong with how we're setting things up and it's pretty fucking awful to watch.

Just now, Andy84 said:

We were poor down there and scraped a draw 2 seasons ago tbf 

Aye fair point. Today just seemed a continuation of last seasons away form though. 

Fuck off. Absolutely terrible today and Bournemouth totally fucked over here by VAR. 

Baffling starting 11 from us - Howe managed to fix it somewhat in the end but we have gotten away with murder here [emoji38]

Joelinton was my MoM last week and I think today he was the worst on the pitch by far. Channeling his inner Ameobis. Yes both of them.

Just now, KaKa said:

So lucky man. So grateful though.

Horrible decision starting Longstaff and Murphy on the right.

Hopefully, today means that never happens again.

Both will start next Sunday 😂

1 minute ago, thomas said:

going to be giggling over it for a week straight like.

He's fully inherited the Fabinho rulebook.

We've absolutely robbed them there. Didn't deserve anything really. 

Classic case of the 5 sub rule influencing the game I'd say. Only thing that got us back into it in any way was being able to throw on 5 quality players with energy and flex strength of the squad compared to theirs. 

Just now, ikri said:

Made a decent start in the first 10-15 minutes and then just did nothing for the next 45 minutes.  Finally get going and get back into the game only to need VAR to save us at the end.

I've no idea how we went from being the hard-pressing team that other teams loathed playing to being out-pressed by fucking Bournemouth.  Something is wrong with how we're setting things up and it's pretty fucking awful to watch.

Made one hell of a difference when we made the subs though. Barnes deserves a start next week.

Very flat for the most part. Barnes made a difference when he came on. Would have been livid if we’d had that goal disallowed. Looked more shoulder than hand. 

Still a point’s a point away from home.