Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 28/08/24 @ 20:00 - League Cup 2nd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Going to be a hell of a meltdown when these beat us :lol:

My hope is Nuno absolutely despises playing strong teams in the cup but aye, Anderson 1-0 with Minteh (for some explicable reason) wanking himself raw in the crowd will be a rough one.  

On the flip side these are shit. Last minute winner off Miggy’s arse.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

My hope is Nuno absolutely despises playing strong teams in the cup but aye, Anderson 1-0 with Minteh (for some explicable reason) wanking himself raw in the crowd will be a rough one.  

:lol: Minteh will mentally will Elenga hat trick with the Greek freak GK letting in 14 goals for us. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

:lol: Minteh will mentally will Elenga hat trick with the Greek freak GK letting in 14 goals for us. 

Big Matz v The Odyssey could be a game for the ages.  

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

On the flip side these are shit. Last minute winner off Miggy’s arse.

I wish I was confident man, it’s obviously far too early to draw conclusions but for large parts of the Bournemouth game it was pretty much the same as last season. 

I keep asking myself what happened to that absolutely relentless press which destroyed team. 

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Big Matz v The Odyssey could be a game for the ages.  

Let’s just let them hit balls at each other from each end and then if no winner is determined after 90 stunning minutes, they can do a full penalty shootout, but original MLS rules versus one another.

Rest Bruno..let Trippier captain the team one last time if he is still here by Wednesday and won't be here by next Sunday.

By the way, I can never get Ian fucking Woan out of my head everytime I see Forest vs Newcastle at the City Ground. Scarred me for life that one. Hopefully I don't get the same problem with the Chris Wood Boxing Day hattrick too. Ffs.

Edited by nufcjb

Guessing it'll be something like:

Pope

Trippier

Hall 

Krafth

Kelly

Willock

Bruno 

Longstaff

Barnes

Almiron

Isak

Hope we get through here then get a big 6 club and kick the fuck out them in the third round and win. This competition proving how bent it's all becoming. Time to stick it to the man.

Hardest draw we could of got, but one we should be looking to win.

Expecting something relatively strong such as: Pope, Trippier, Krafth, Kelly, Hall, Tonali, Bruno, Willock, Miggy, Isak, Barnes.

We have a decent recent record at the City ground so perhaps that's making me feel optimistic, but I fancy us to edge this 1-2.

Always feel a bit wild the games at their ground against us, from the Coloccini ET winner to last season.

Hopefully we end up on the right side, 2-1. But based on first two games, more expecting 2-1 defeat :( 

That game in the championship on a Friday Neet was mental. 2 first half red cards & 2 penalty saves. 

Stood with Karl Darlow in a queue for a nightclub in Nottingham later on and bouncer wouldn't let us in, Soz Karl. 

34 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Comfortable 0-2 win.

Forest are not very good.

Hope so. Seemed to nullify Southampton, at their place,  better than we did, at ours. But not fair to compare in the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Anderson with the winner for forest 

Don’t think I’ll be logging on here if that happens. Fukashima-esque levels of meltdown.