Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 28/08/24 @ 20:00 - League Cup 2nd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

51 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I'd guess maybe Tonali starts on the bench - he'll be chomping at the bit to get a good half hour / 40 minutes and will get a huge ovation when he comes on if so.

Happy either way, just excited to see him on the pitch mainly.

Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured. Please don't get injured... 😅

There will be two draws around the Carabao Cup third round this evening.

Both will be live on Sky Sports, one before Newcastle's visit to Nottingham Forest, at around 19:25 BST, one after.

The first will be to confirm whether the Champions League or Europa League qualified teams that will be involved in the first six ties will be at home or away.

The precise team will not be known until the draw itself takes place after the game.

Although Manchester United and Tottenham could have played each other and any combination of Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Aston Villa could have been paired, the EFL felt the method they have chosen was easier for fans to follow and broadcasters to publicise through their graphics.

United and Tottenham must play their games in the week commencing 16 September as they open their respective Europa League campaigns the following week.

That means a clash with the opening round of Champions League fixtures, which will be played between 17-19 September as it is Uefa's designated 'exclusive week' for the competition.

The remaining 14 Carabao Cup ties will be played in the week commencing 23 September, when Europa League games will be played on the Wednesday and Thursday as part of their 'exclusive week'.

Just now, 54 said:

There will be two draws around the Carabao Cup third round this evening.

Both will be live on Sky Sports, one before Newcastle's visit to Nottingham Forest, at around 19:25 BST, one after.

The first will be to confirm whether the Champions League or Europa League qualified teams that will be involved in the first six ties will be at home or away.

The precise team will not be known until the draw itself takes place after the game.

Although Manchester United and Tottenham could have played each other and any combination of Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Aston Villa could have been paired, the EFL felt the method they have chosen was easier for fans to follow and broadcasters to publicise through their graphics.

United and Tottenham must play their games in the week commencing 16 September as they open their respective Europa League campaigns the following week.

That means a clash with the opening round of Champions League fixtures, which will be played between 17-19 September as it is Uefa's designated 'exclusive week' for the competition.

The remaining 14 Carabao Cup ties will be played in the week commencing 23 September, when Europa League games will be played on the Wednesday and Thursday as part of their 'exclusive week'.

So the 4 Champions League clubs could have drawn each other, they just decided not to let that be a possibility.

Corrupt cunts

I'll be happy if we win the thing, but I honestly think the competition shouldn't exist. If all we had was the FA Cup and the league, no one would be suggesting inventing an extra junior competition that finishes midway through the season.

35 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Anywhere do bets of To Score and get yellow carded? :D - Sandro deserves this bet to be placed in his honour. 

You'll be able to do it as a betbuilder - just shy of 25/1 on Paddy.

So do I watch this one? Probs not watching the spuds game, so we stand a good chance of winning, but would like to see another game whilst on holiday. 

To balance I didn't watch the soton one either. 

3 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Same cunts who will be saying in 30 years they don't care about the trophy when the last time we won owt was during the last ice age. 

It's fucking important, probably the most important thing the club ever achieves again ,(if). Thick cunts 

Mmmm 🤨 you can’t control whether the team you support wins anything. You can control how you relate to other supporters. I’m pretty certain anyone not ‘caring’, which in your world comes across like all or nothing shit or bust nonsense, would celebrate just as much as you if we did. It’s not like how much you crave it makes any difference to whether it happens or not. 

2 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

Anywhere do bets of To Score and get yellow carded? :D - Sandro deserves this bet to be placed in his honour. 

Screenshot_20240828-175713.png

3 minutes ago, Lee Charnley said:

I won't. Not played enough football to play. 

I don’t think he will last the full game but he can always be withdrawn when he is done.

He should be at a decent standard of fitness.