Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 28/08/24 @ 20:00 - League Cup 2nd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Forest have a lot of squad players playing compared to their team at the weekend

Including4  debutants

Edited by jack j

I’m pleased we’ve gone strong. It’s looked like most of the first 11 could have done with more game time together so it could be a good kickstart after a slow couple of games. 

yep, important we play a strong side and try and get some form and momentum into the team after a poor couple of opening performances 

Just missing a CB or two that are good on the ball. Burn being so slow before he coordinates his body into position to pass the ball somewhere results in our midfielders and other players having less time on the ball as the opposition have time to press and get into the correct shape and positions. 

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

I reckon people would be fuming if we went out and Isak didn't start like

would have rather he came on if we were losing.

Tonali I assume will do the Bruno G role, rather than Big Joe, so will be interesting to see what he’s like in that. 

Should be controlling game with the side we’ve got out.

Just now, huss9 said:

would have rather he came on if we were losing.

And if we still lost the pitchforks would be out for Eddie for not starting him

2 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Feel nervous for Tonali. 

Why? He's an incredible talent with loads of experience. He will be desperate to repay the kindness and patience the club and fans. He will be chomping at the bit and and desperate to show his value and make amends. And he is the type of character and player that will repay us in exceptional performance.