Darren Eales

Ronson333

It is bizarre that so many think success and failure is defined by the transfer market.

More important to PIF, their investment has trebled in value in just a couple of years.

Edited by The Prophet

I'm kind of confused why anyone is focusing on him for the transfer window. He should and will be judged on the efficacy of his appointments (leadership positions), revenue growth, cost management (with PSR compliance wrapped in these last two), infrastructure planning (stadium, training ground), and the development of the club's brand.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm kind of confused why anyone is focusing on him for the transfer window. He should and will be judged on the efficacy of his appointments (leadership positions), revenue growth, cost management (with PSR compliance wrapped in these last two), infrastructure planning (stadium, training ground), and the development of the club's brand.

Guessing people on X don't have a clue what he does at the club.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Won’t criticise him for the transfer window, not sure what his actual job involves tbh. He has always come across as a bit of a prick though.

How have you come to this conclusion?

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Won’t criticise him for the transfer window, not sure what his actual job involves tbh. He has always come across as a bit of a prick though.

A prick? Crikey. Seems a bizarre take.

The only thing that he’s done what I didn’t like (and it’s such a small thing) was at the CL draw. He did the whole “never seen a Mackem in Milan” schtick when being interviewed and I remember thinking at the time “why”? Why even give them a mention? That was our special moment and he brought them up? Doubt you’d hear a CEO of another club doing something like that. 

But yeah, apart from that, seems sound. 

The trouble is, the work that he does will never have instant or even short term results. The work he does will be felt years down the line.

People on Twitter having a go at him don’t have a clue.

Indeed, hard to have opinion, he has to have a longer term view. I'm not sure he comes accross that well either but i don't feel in any position to fairly judge either. 

Edited by Tiresias

Some of the stuff he does reminds me of early Ashley days when he took over (the pints drinking in away end and necking down on tv) vibes. 

not sure about it. (Not saying I dislike him)

Needs to have a big week with transfers this week and a few months of positive stuff after that.