Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: It was the 3rd Round of the League Cup, but against Blackburn (lost on pens).

Ironically that was the first home game I'd missed since Cambridge in 1991 (excluding Cesena in the Anglo-Italian). Small world.

5 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Ironically that was the first home game I'd missed since Cambridge in 1991 (excluding Cesena in the Anglo-Italian). Small world.

Was that Cesena game the really bad tempered one ?

3 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

So many memories. Toon 2-1 Wimbledon was my first ever game as a bairn! Should have been 7-0 due to kitson missing countless chances, then the poor fuckers had goal disallowed at the death.

Was perishing that night. Remember not envying the players playing and quite preferring the spectating. Also recall someone as we passed under the Leazes saying Cantona had been sent-off for attacking a fan. Thought it was just good banter. If only that bad was a bit longer.

8 minutes ago, JLC said:

Was that Cesena game the really bad tempered one ?

No that was the Ascoli game, coaches on the pitch and all that.

Did Lucchese away in the AI Cup (1-1, Quinn)? Drove there, then stopped off at Upton Park on the way home for Charlton away, (won 3-1 IIRC?) when they were displaced from home. Happy days. Was that the same season or a diff one? You've clearly got a top memorybank!

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Feels nice to get a home tie for once, shame it’s on the back of this. 

Wonder what the crowd will be. I can see about 35k due to the short time between now and next week.

Surely it sells out?

Take the point about midweek and short notice, but given the apparent demand for every other home game, I’d expect a full house, even if that involves sales on the day.

12 minutes ago, JLC said:

Did Lucchese away in the AI Cup (1-1, Quinn)? Drove there, then stopped off at Upton Park on the way home for Charlton away, (won 3-1 IIRC?) when they were displaced from home. Happy days. Was that the same season or a diff one? You've clearly got a top memorybank!

Same season. Charlton were a quiz question answer at the hot spurs years ago about teams we had played at four grounds excluding Wembley. I think Wimbledon would have been another if it had went ahead down there. 

18 minutes ago, SteV said:

Surely it sells out?

Take the point about midweek and short notice, but given the apparent demand for every other home game, I’d expect a full house, even if that involves sales on the day.

You’d think so with all the crack about us selling out 75k stadia. Can’t see Wimbledon bringing many so would be around 51k tickets available to home fans 

Wouldn't mind taking the bairn to her first game so I'm really interested to see if it goes to general sale (refuse to pay for a membership, seems like a big racket). If you'd told me when I was sitting in the cold against Portsmouth 15 years ago that one day you'd struggle to get a ticket for these games I'd have assumed you'd been sniffing turps.

2 hours ago, Slim said:

Haters gonna hate.  Long live the 👑 

Honestly, I can’t even laugh at the little cunt over this one.  A fan-owned Phoenix club which has dragged itself back from the ninth tier of English football to the Football League and has built a new ground in the process, and this absolute piss stain goes down there slagging off their new ground.  Stupid, embarrassing little cunt. 

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Surely it sells out?

Do any other clubs get 50k for league cup ties against lower league clubs?

Watch us get drawn away to Liverpool before we even kick the ball in our tie.

"Wanted a home time? Fine. We'll screw you in the next round should you even get there!"

Edited by nufcjb

1 hour ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Drew 2-2. Funny enough it was 36 years ago today.

Aye, remember that season (1988/89 - my first full season going to matches). A certain Robert Lee with a late equaliser that day, and then he scored both goals against us up here when they won 2-0.

Edited by TK-421

10 hours ago, JLC said:

Did we play Charlton away at Selhurst Park? 1-1, Goddard? I was there but memory v hazy. Maybe getting games mixed up

Just had a deek around the www. This was 86-87 at Selhurst. 1-1.