Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 01/09/24 @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

23 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

KI you know I respect you mate but I honestly dunno what you're on about here. Any spectator giving the people in front of them anything other than a usual/greater level of support on Sunday - by virtue of the transfer window - is a fucking wanker. 

A lot will depend on the game itself, obviously, but if we go behind, anyone that gets OTT angsty/protesty, or turns their back on the side, wants shooting into the sun. The team and coach deserves far better than that. 

Hopefully we'll play really well and it'll be a moot point. 

I'm saying regardless of what you think of anyone not giving their usual level of support at SJP tomorrow, it's natural and inevitable that the level of excitement won't be what it could be after that shit show of a transfer window.

Put it this way, how buzzing would you and everyone be going into tomorrow if we'd had a successful window? More than we currently are? The same?

The excitement, buzz, and motivation of the crowd would be off the scale, so it's hardly surprising that when the transfer window has been shite that the excitement, buzz, and motivation aren't at that level. 

8 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Keep waiting for age/wear and tear to start to rear its head with Son and it just doesnt seem to happen.

Some fans were saying it was happening during and after the second half of last season. Conveniently ignoring (a) that he was brilliant at the beginning and (b) he’s been playing and travelling a crazy amount and of course had the Asia Cup mid-season. I think he was simply knackered. He’d been playing through some knocks for Korea and us, plus we didn’t have enough cover and Richarlison gets those little shitty 2-3 game injuries all the fucking time.

Age and wear and tear are obviously taking some toll, but just look at his goals against Everton. Cleverly slows his run just a little to fox T-Rex arms then turns on the afterburners. Then late in the game runs half the length of the pitch keeping pace with fucking VDV before tucking the ball away. As long as we can give him enough rest this year and next I think he’ll be fine. That’s why it’s so galling all our strikers are fucked right now.

Edited by leffe186

42 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm saying regardless of what you think of anyone not giving their usual level of support at SJP tomorrow, it's natural and inevitable that the level of excitement won't be what it could be after that shit show of a transfer window.

Put it this way, how buzzing would you and everyone be going into tomorrow if we'd had a successful window? More than we currently are? The same?

The excitement, buzz, and motivation of the crowd would be off the scale, so it's hardly surprising that when the transfer window has been shite that the excitement, buzz, and motivation aren't at that level. 

Fair enough. :thup: Lack of additional excitement should hopefully not = actively being twats to the people who've represented the club brilliantly.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Fair enough. :thup: Lack of additional excitement should hopefully not = actively being twats to the people who've represented the club brilliantly.

Sandro being back is enough for me, for tomorrow. Get a win and we're laughing. Unbeaten in 4 and without playing well in at least 3.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We really need to make sure that one damp transfer window doesn’t effect the atmosphere like. It can’t take the strain. 

Personally going mental for Sandro from minute one. 

This.

While I completely understand disappointment with the transfer window, surely now is the time to get behind the lads, particularly after Howe's comments yesterday. After all isn't that the whole idea of attending?

It's Sunday 2PM, so it'll probably be subdued regardless.

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Some fans were saying it was happening during and after the second half of last season. Conveniently ignoring (a) that he was brilliant at the beginning and (b) he’s been playing and travelling a crazy amount and of course had the Asia Cup mid-season. I think he was simply knackered. He’d been playing through some knocks for Korea and us, plus we didn’t have enough cover and Richarlison gets those little shitty 2-3 game injuries all the fucking time.

Age and wear and tear are obviously taking some toll, but just look at his goals against Everton. Cleverly slows his run just a little to fox T-Rex arms then turns on the afterburners. Then late in the game runs half the length of the pitch keeping pace with fucking VDV before tucking the ball away. As long as we can give him enough rest this year and next I think he’ll be fine. That’s why it’s so galling all our strikers are fucked right now.

He's incredibly good with both feet, and as you say, his football IQ is very high. That stays with age. On another note, I'm allways confident about this fixtute. You lot must be hating St James Park.:lol:

Dreading this now.

We have been shit in all our fixtures so far, and been lucky to get the results we have got, against opposition that is lesser than Spurs.

On top of this we have the fallout of the transfer window, the fans will just be waiting to let out their frustration.

41 minutes ago, Erikse said:

He's incredibly good with both feet, and as you say, his football IQ is very high. That stays with age. On another note, I'm allways confident about this fixtute. You lot must be hating St James Park.:lol:

Two years ago was just a joke - we had completely given up and the first half was arguably the worst performance any Premier League team has ever given anywhere ever :lol:. Last year was more telling. Your set-up is like Kryptonite for us if we’re not on it. That’s why missing all three of our centre-forwards is so irritating - they’re so important to how we play. 

Bottom line, we’re actually quite good but a couple of players short. You’re quite good but a couple of players short. We’re high-risk and your game is a perfect counter to ours so it could be any result at all really :lol:. It’s hard to tell a lot about how either of us are playing based on the first couple of games.

I haven’t been to a proper away game in a while but the only thing I really dislike about St James’ Park is the away fans being hidden up in the rafters.

8 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Would start Trippier, he should be able to take advantage of the Spurs highline with his balls.

Barnes, Isak, Gordon should also abuse the hell out of the high line too.

Confident of a win here.

I'd love to see those 3 together from the start. They would be a real threat to their High line.