Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 01/09/24 @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I think Sandro starts as long as he isn’t feeling any effect of his first competitive run out for ages earlier in the week. If he’d been a sub and had 30 mins on Wed I’d be leaning sub today, but he started and got (I think) an hour. That suggests a start today IMO.

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

I think Sandro starts as long as he isn’t feeling any effect of his first competitive run out for ages earlier in the week. If he’d been a sub and had 30 mins on Wed I’d be leaning sub today, but he started and got (I think) an hour. That suggests a start today IMO.

I think Howe knows the biggest lift he can give the fans going into this is Tonali. Harsh on Longstaff after his penalty heroics and steady enough start to the season but this is a massive game for us.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think Howe knows the biggest lift he can give the fans going into this is Tonali. Harsh on Longstaff after his penalty heroics and steady enough start to the season but this is a massive game for us.

I thought that said a lot about Sean, taking last pen, given how much stick he gets.

I remember 2011. We had just beaten Sunderland. Growing up in a mixed area- and not in an era when we had had everything to ourselves- winning at Sunderland was such an outrageously good thing. Like Bart Simpson hearing school was cancelled- pleasure overload.

We were playing Fulham the next weekend and in between there was the usual Ashley transfer window shitshow. That had felt unfortunate but hardly fatal, I just couldn’t wait to watch us again. It had been such a glorious week- replaying the highlights, texting mates going over details.

I still vividly remember some tosser on here telling us he wasn’t going to watch the match, he was watching Man Utd instead. Not to support them, he still supported Newcastle, but he just didn’t see why he should watch it when we hadn’t signed who he had wanted us to sign that week.

Most distanced I have ever felt from our fanbase that. We won 2-1 against Fulham and went onto finish fifth. That bloke still posts regularly on here and seems to have mellowed a bit. 

Last day in Kavos today. This time last year was the Liverpool game and was also the last day of that trip and that ruined my fucking holiday.

So I'm going for an early red card for Tottenham, we take the lead batter them for an hour then we take off Gordon and Tonali.

2-1 Spurs

Aye I'm still not over it [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

These were awful second half against Leicester.  As soon as Leicester applied a little bit of pressure, we need to start well and get the crowd involved 

Reassuring news! Here’s hoping for a first few minutes like the last game; but two goals this time. 

Hoping to give these a spanking today. Need to show people (the media) we’re still in this. Talksport are absolutely honking when it comes to us, can’t stand that geordie journalist, is it Simon Bird?

A show of solidarity by the team and fans needed. 
I’ll go 3-1, Isak brace and Gordon, Son scores late on ..

15 minutes ago, duo said:

You season ticket holder? You can sell it through the ticket section on the newcastle website

Managed to move it on to someone from football, cheers.

Van der Ven their biggest defence against quick attackers, so that would be great. 

Pedro Porro is a worry, coming into that space between the left midfielder and the defence, but I guess Joelinton will be detailed to help out as much as he can. 

Let's batter these!

This was our lineup two years ago in the 6 : 1 

Says alot about our recruitment that we are possibly starting with 8 of that 11 today with the other Botman, Willock and Schar injured/suspended. 

On the flip side, you could argue we are fielding essentially the same side that beat these so comfortably previously, so we know they have it in them, with Gordon, Tonali and Kelly/Hall likely to add in. 

IMG_20240901_111003.jpg