Anthony Elanga

SUPERTOON

Just now, Amir_9 said:

Feedback from Forest supporting friend - "Seen that 40m plus it's excellent business from us. I like Elanga very quick can do great things but also very frustrating picks the wrong ball 80 percent of the time be interesting see how this one develops"

Is that about Elanga or almiron?

A Gordon-type signing in that everyone will whinge like fuck about the fee being too high then think it’s the bargain of the century 18 months later once Eddie has drilled him.

His main weakness is his final ball/decision making. Sounds familiar but as he's young(ish) and hasn't had EH working with him there's hope that he'll develop further. Let's hope we've got Gordon mk2 on our righthand side, if it goes through.

Unmoved whether it happens or not. Improves us which used to be all that mattered and in normal circumstances would be fine but the psr budget in future windows for 'purples' loom over things. Some of the fees reported seem reasonable though

Feels like a bit of an odd move after Guehi and the whole 'perfect or nothing' mantra that the club seems to be pushing - Elanga doesn't seem like someone who's going to nail down the RW spot for years to come. 

Not against it though - he's an improvement on what we have and can play both sides. 

Elanga is the type of winger Howe like. Lightning fast, excellent work rate and tactical discipline. He also has the tools to beat opponent by dribbling, although not elite. 

He won’t be an elite winger but he could evolve like Gordon and become a very solid starting RW. 

As long as we don’t pay over 35m then this is a very good move imo. Even if we fail to get the best out of him, we could still sell something like 25m next year which under PSR rules is just breakeven

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

We love them to be fair. They've done us some favours.

Well the Wood deal backfired as he seems to have remembered he's a forward.

But they did take Shelvey. 😄

I’d be happy with this and would have been before the shambles of the last few days or so. I think his pace and being able to offer a genuine threat opposite Gordon and next to Isak will open up so much space.  

I’m sure it won’t happen. As it all seems a bit last minute and rushed. But I’d like it to happen. 

2 minutes ago, christ said:

A Gordon-type signing in that everyone will whinge like fuck about the fee being too high then think it’s the bargain of the century 18 months later once Eddie has drilled him.

Wow :kasper: that's an interesting team building exercise

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Defo. Only fuckers willing to deal with us last few seasons

In “recent” memory, we’ve bought Lascelles, Darlow, Vlachodimos and sold/loaned them Daryl Murphy, Colback, Wood, Shelvey, Anderson. Might be some I’m missing. 

If this is true, it's an indication that we had money to spend this window, we just went all in on Guehi expecting it to be done. In this case it wasn't just that Guehi is special enough for us to move funds from future windows.

Edited by Erikse