Anthony Elanga

SUPERTOON

6 minutes ago, duo said:

Ornstein said we were trying to swap Almiron with Elanga - no goer

Well if that wasn't a surefire way of shooting a deal dead before it got off the ground I don't know what is.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

So basically the club can't do right?

They do try and its embarrassing.

They dont try and its also embarrassing.

You don't think putting this in motion a week ago might have paid better dividends?

In fairness to Forest, they reportedly bought Anderson from us for circa £35m so they will feel Elanga is worth at least that. Plus the fact they have about 5 hours to source a replacement, add on another £10m.

At this point, no club is selling a main player, unless it’s a daft offer. Just absolutely pointless us even asking if a club will sell, left it far too late if no serious ground work been put in.

38 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Hope says it's unlikely

At least the hopes ended before the pages hit double figures

Don't half fucking hate that twat.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

You don't think putting this in motion a week ago might have paid better dividends?

Yes but I appreciate there's more to an offer/deal than some Tweet making out we've only made it within the last hour or so.

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

So basically the club can't do right?

They do try and its embarrassing.

They dont try and it’s also embarrassing.

Do you think there’s a more nuanced view of enquiring for a seemingly unattainable player 6 hours before the deadline of a 2 and a half month long transfer window?

4 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

In fairness to Forest, they reportedly bought Anderson from us for circa £35m so they will feel Elanga is worth at least that. Plus the fact they have about 5 hours to source a replacement, add on another £10m.

I mean, they know that Ulysses 31 isn’t worth £20m too - they’re aware that Anderson isn’t a £35m footballer.  They were parties to the same scam :) 

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

Yes but I appreciate there's more to an offer/deal than some Tweet making out we've only made it within the last hour or so.

I'm sure, but we can only comment on what we know has happened. Anything else we are just pulling out of thin air.

12 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

It all looks so desperate, not been used to seeing that from us in some time.

I think perhaps we were overly confident of the Guehi deal going through, and the majority of the money was going to be spent there.

Once we got that shut down earlier on, it seems we finally woke up and realised we were sitting on a bunch of money and started exploring other avenues.

I think Parish really stitched up Mitchell something proper, which is fair enough. Hope he had fun.

We'll just have to take the L and learn from it.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well if that wasn't a surefire way of shooting a deal dead before it got off the ground I don't know what is.

I know

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

What would a loss do?

Dread to think how bad the meltdown will be. Especially with two weeks for people to mull over it