Newcastle United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur (01/09/24) | Reaction: pg 48 | Goal posts: OP

Yorkie

Pretty encouraging half but we'll probably need to up our levels a bit to see it out.

The loss of control after the stoppage was utterly predictable but we did well to keep them at arms length and we're doing better physically than we have in previous games.

Longstaff has been really good. Tino makes me nervous; delivery very poor and often looks out of position far too centrally.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Grim viewing at times but a very clinical finish from Barnes. Maddison is such a massive cunt. He needs booking for that otherwise he’ll just keep doing it, total wanker 

Im really glad we never signed him

Just now, r0cafella said:

Winning which is good but the technical level our players display is pretty poor to be honest, absolutely no ability to play through them. 

I hate that midfield 3. There’s just no ball retention and 2 out of 3 of them need an extra touch. Can’t afford that. Tonali moonwalks into the team tbh.

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

He’s been utterly starved in every game so far. Happy to be 1-0 up though.

Yeah he's the one getting in positions to supply instead of being played in to finish.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Isak has been poor. Usually his touch is so sharp. Thats deserted him. 

Got him and Gordon on FPL. Gordon is 70% going out next week. Isak might follow him. 

American Housewife Katie Otto GIF by ABC Network

Gordon looks a shadow of the player he was last season, Isak looks isolated, and a tad rusty, still almost pulled a goal from nowhere though with that chip. Longstaff has had good positioning, but I'm hoping he makes way for Tonali soon. This game would've been great for Willocks energy.