Newcastle United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur (01/09/24) | Reaction: pg 48 | Goal posts: OP

Yorkie

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Didn’t realise it was a foul on Isak by Dragosin on that break. Should be a pen shouldn’t it, if he slides into Isak’s standing leg first? 

I'll be honest I thought it looked a good tackle at the time. It looked like he slid in and knicked it out for a corner first time around. I never got a chance to see it much again as play continued and it barely got a mention for the rest of the game by comms and Sky in general :lol:

Would be nice to see a few angles of it but it's not that important as we won anyway

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Didn’t realise it was a foul on Isak by Dragosin on that break. Should be a pen shouldn’t it, if he slides into Isak’s standing leg first? 

Absolutely, hard to understand how VAR let's that go. Isak is about to shoot and Dragusin takes away his standing leg.

I thought it was a great challenge from the Leazes but I’m looking forward to seeing it later on in the highlights. If it wasn’t a good tackle it’s baffling why it wasn’t reviewed 

Just now, gbandit said:

I thought it was a great challenge from the Leazes but I’m looking forward to seeing it later on in the highlights. If it wasn’t a good tackle it’s baffling why it wasn’t reviewed 

He goes through Isak's left leg, was a shocking decision IMO.

And it's one of those where the on-field decision shouldn't matter at all as the ref can't keep up with Isak and Dragusin is blocking his view with his body in any case. VAR is shambles.

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

We won the game but lost the all important stats duel ?

So today’s emotion should be sad, yes ?

Asking for a friend 

Nah, we won the xG. :pow:

Why is it when there's a random thing that happens that stops or delays the game, it's never to our fucking benefit? We looked class til the lino tweaked his quad and it robbed us of our momentum.

Same as when that ugly greasy little fuck chained himself to the post at Goodison, it absolutely killed us.

You can bet your bollocks to a barn dance that if we're ever under massive pressure and last-gasp defending that there won't ever be a dog run onto the pitch or some geezer crash landing on a paraglider in the penalty area.

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Isaks goal must be like 0.99xG and the own goal is 0.00xG for them

The own goal was probably their best xG chance but Pope did well on the second effort after creating the whole mess.

Poor performance but won.

Thought burn and kraft were good, backs to the wall.

Thought Joelinton did better today, still not great but better - contribution for goal was class.

Gordon's performance was worrying. 

Isak looked isolated and even his touches looked a bit off.

Longstaff was poor.

Why did he take Barnes off and not Gordon?

First 4 games have been poor in terms of performance in large parts, but 7 points and through to next round of cup.

Take the positives.

Eddie will sort it over the next 2 weeks. 

Edited by Bally21

Thought Neville's comments on "We can't keep putting a thumb on Newcastle's head" in regards to creating financial rules to hinder us was very interesting and unexpected. But I imagine its probably because PSR has fucked over Man Utd as well.

26 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

SoGkb.gif

Can't blame the on-field officials for not spotting an infringement given the speed of the incident, but I don't think too many are crying corruption if VAR turns that into a pen. That Isak doesn't square it doesn't have anything to do with it. We'd have been lucky cos the chance was basically gone but I'm booting off if we end up losing that game.