Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Looking for an improvement in away performances starting asap, a good result would be a nice bonus to.

Would be good to break that trend of shitty, drab games at this ground.

Gordon, Isak and Tonali’s improving sharpness and fitness together with hopefully a fitter Bruno to run midfield better. Schar back. Im feeling worryingly confident 😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

No time with the internationals/big hitters involved to iron out our attacking play, and general use of the ball in possession. Let’s hope they come back raring to go and it all just clicks. I’m not currently reaching my usual fever pitch prematch optimism about this one. 

Looking at the previous two fixtures away at Wolves I think it's fair to say that our presumed lineup has improved and theirs has probably weakened. This is our best chance of winning there in quite a while I reckon.

We still haven't "clicked" yet though which is dampening my confidence a bit. 

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Looking at the previous two fixtures away at Wolves I think it's fair to say that our presumed lineup has improved and theirs has probably weakened. This is our best chance of winning there in quite a while I reckon.

We still haven't "clicked" yet though which is dampening my confidence a bit. 

Yeah we never play that well there, I don’t think we’ve won have we? We should be going into this confident and they aren’t exactly going great which probably means a loss 😂

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. 

Assistants: Lee Betts, Richard West. 

Fourth official: Simon Hooper. 

VAR: John Brooks. 

Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Gordon, Isak and Tonali’s improving sharpness and fitness together with hopefully a fitter Bruno to run midfield better. Schar back. Im feeling worryingly confident 😂

It’s no doubt one of the best front sixes in the league, we just need Botman back for a really top team. 

20 minutes ago, 54 said:

The international guff is over with now right?

Thank fuck, yes.

Every time I've predicted a shite performance and a loss, we've gotten a result. 1-0 to them.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

The international guff is over with now right?

Only positive is all our players seem to have performed well whilst away and minutes in the legs for Tonali , Gordon etc and they played well.  Hopefully we have enough time to prepare for Sunday - they extra day will help! 

Otherwise, I agree - hate all this international stuff so early in the season (twice over!).

Decent test of where we're at this is. Three games and three good results so far, albeit some relatively unconvincing performances. A well rested side with Schar returning. Wolves havent started well and I think will struggle this season. A win would be big.  Would take four points from this and away to Fulham with some tough fixtures coming up after that. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

On 11/09/2024 at 08:52, 54 said:

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. 

Assistants: Lee Betts, Richard West. 

Fourth official: Simon Hooper. 

VAR: John Brooks. 

Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.

Ffs

23 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Decent test of where we're at this is. Three games and three good results so far, albeit some relatively unconvincing performances. A well rested side with Schar returning. Wolves havent started well and I think will struggle this season. A win would be big.  Would take four points from this and away to Fulham with some tough fixtures coming up after that. 

I'd completely forgot that we had a cup game counting towards his ban, happy days.

Got a feeling that we're going to see more of the same. Slightly disjointed with concerns in multiple areas but grinding out something, score draw or win by the odd goal. This is going to be a tough watch.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think we'll play better now that Gordon has had a couple more runs for England, Schar back, Tonali looking mega, Isak scoring goals in the break. 

I think we can cause them major problems but we have to stop pissing about away from home.