Greatest 'almost' goal?

Mike

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Always loved that one :lol:

I mean, he wasn't offside tbf but what the fuck is he playing at? He must have known the ball was going in even if he didn't touch it, just an absolute tit.

Batty vs Man United in the 5 nil would have rivalled Albert's purely because of the move that lead up to it, which starts with Ginola skinning Neville.

From 1:37:14

Batty deserved a goal, he was absolutely incredible 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Remember that stuff happened before VAR. 

I still randomly think of this goal every once in a while. Tiote, not a great goal scorer, but a scorer of great goals. RIP.

This is providing much entertainment, but sadly all these incidents have long disappeared from my mind. Erm... apart from Pele v Uruguay in 1970. :(

I watched the Isak chip against Spurs again and it is well worthy of inclusion in this company. He won the ball from a defender, made himself only a little bit of space and time, and then produced an attempt from a very unpromising angle and with the ball not really in the right position for a right footer. It seemed to be a cross between a chip and a toe-poke. 

His ability to improvise is brilliant.

Edited by Cronky

Some great shouts in here. I'm sure my memory isn't failing me but didn't Mirandinha once hit both posts from miles out against Liverpool. Hit one post then the other, then landed in Grobelaar's lucky hands.

11 minutes ago, JLC said:

Some great shouts in here. I'm sure my memory isn't failing me but didn't Mirandinha once hit both posts from miles out against Liverpool. Hit one post then the other, then landed in Grobelaar's lucky hands.

This one? Only hits one post, but from about 40 yards out... typical Mirandinha!

Edited by TK-421

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Everything I'd mention is already in here.

My favourite Isak goal is probably the disallowed effort at Anfield.

Still pisses me off, talk about fine margins. A wonky line and one camera angle from the moon. 

Should have ended our miserable anfield record 

Just for the occasion and what it would have meant, but Nile Ranger vs Arsenal?

We were 4-0 down, got it back to 4-4 with Tiote's legendary screamer, but people forget we very nearly won it right at the death when Ranger flashed one a foot wide of the post. If that had gone in, firtsly it would ahve been a very good goal in its own right, but add in the context of overturning a 4-0 deficit to win a match and I think it would have been historic.

21 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Just for the occasion and what it would have meant, but Nile Ranger vs Arsenal?

We were 4-0 down, got it back to 4-4 with Tiote's legendary screamer, but people forget we very nearly won it right at the death when Ranger flashed one a foot wide of the post. If that had gone in, firtsly it would ahve been a very good goal in its own right, but add in the context of overturning a 4-0 deficit to win a match and I think it would have been historic.

Think it was Nolan's effort wasn't it? Ranger brought it down off his chest and Nolan flashed it wide. Good shout either way. 

I think Ranger and Nolan both flashed one wide once it went back to 4-4.

In the '99 derby at home Kevin Ball nearly scored an OG from a tackle on the halfway line that hit the crossbar.

27 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Think it was Nolan's effort wasn't it? Ranger brought it down off his chest and Nolan flashed it wide. Good shout either way. 

You're right, it was Nolan. I think I'm conflating that effort with one Ranger had in a different match which he flashed just wide, but can't seem to find that clip or even remember what match it was. :lol:

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I also have a vague memory of Haris Vuckic hitting the bar from about 30 yards at Anfield but not sure if I just dreamt it

I know he clipped the top corner against West Brom at home in that game Bigi scored. 

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

You're right, it was Nolan. I think I'm conflating that effort with one Ranger had in a different match which he flashed just wide, but can't seem to find that clip or even remember what match it was. :lol:

Ranger caused all sorts of problems and I did think he had at least one effort. 

that effort from Nolan would have been ridiculous if that went in.