Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

32 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Hope I never have to listen to another game commentated by carragher. Fuck me, he gave me a headache. 

My throat hurts just listening to him. 

2 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

How shit must the hospitality be at Molineux that they've ended up there :lol: 

He looks the type who'd prefer a quick chicken bucket with fries than poncey posh food tbf.

And of course he's going for the boneless banquet, the uninspiring choice of every little beige drip, bet he even brought his own knife and fork and went for the corn instead of the gravy too. I'm disgusted quite frankly

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Gone for something without a spine, makes sense seeing as he hasn’t fronted up. Am I right lads and lasses?

Bet he has onion bahji to start, tikka chicken masala with boiled rice and a plain naan at the Indians

6 minutes ago, midds said:

Bet he has onion bahji to start, tikka chicken masala with boiled rice and a plain naan at the Indians

:lol:

Strikes me as more of a Kurma kinda guy.

Just had a look at some stats. I know most probably don't care, but we have overperformed the stats the most, while Wolves are on the other end of that. They have higher xPTS than us, 4.55 vs our 3.92. We have 10p and they have 1p. Our xGA is also higher than theirs, 7.59 vs their 6.55. We've conceded 3, while they have conceded 11. I think the Wolves - Chelsea game is inflating their stats the most, they had higher xG, but still lost 2-6.

https://understat.com/league/EPL

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The coverage today was absolutely awful. They were gasping for us to get beat. 

The comments about the goals were absolutely bizarre too.

They hate us.  All of them.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The coverage today was absolutely awful. They were gasping for us to get beat. 

The comments about the goals were absolutely bizarre too.

Carragher was especially awful, whatever he said against the Ashley era can be commended but whatever he says nowadays is in tandem with the "we don't like Newcastle" rhetoric.

It's only during American broadcasts where he doesn't spout (as much) shite.

Carragher was very audibly groaning when Wolves were giving it away in the attack. :lol: Instinctively I think he's faaaairly balanced when it comes to us - he's applauded our big moments and big characters plenty of times. But he was a homer today. 

Whatever, really. It's funny when it's like that but we end up winning. 

18 minutes ago, Rod said:

They hate us.  All of them.

It's always "Ah those plucky, drunken, loyal, loveable Geordies" when we're doing well, until it threatens one of their "big 6" and then when we're doing bad "Deluded, over expectant Geordies".

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Carragher was very audibly groaning when Wolves were giving it away in the attack. :lol: Instinctively I think he's faaaairly balanced when it comes to us - he's applauded our big moments and big characters plenty of times. But he was a homer today. 

Whatever, really. It's funny when it's like that but we end up winning. 

Yep. I suppose it is absolutely wonderful to hear such sounds, it means we're upsetting the status quo.