Fulham vs. Newcastle United: 21/09/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I would go for this

Pope

Tino -Schar -Burn -Kelly

Bruno

Tonali -Willock

Gordon - Isak - Barnes

They are a good side from the wings but lack a proper midfield and defense,  having Kelly and Tino gives us some defensive solidarity and allows the front players to cause damage.

Would also be good to have Joelinton, Hall and Trippier rested and ready for Wimbldon as they will add much needed quality to that game.

Yeah agree with all of that!

Pope

Tino   Schar   Burn   Hall

Bruno

Tonali        Jo

Gordon   Isak   Barnes

Ideally, you'd bring in Willock from the start but I think it's more than fair to keep him as a bench option over the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

Is there any way we can fit Gordon and Barnes coming in from the left? 

Just let them rotate throughout the game

I ageee wirh recalling Trippier - you can even play Tino at LB - Tino has had his best games at LB imo 

Referee: Peter Banks

Assistant referees: Eddie Smart and Nick Greenhalgh

Fourth official: Leigh Doughty

VAR: Rob Jones

Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes

12 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

That refs a proper divvy.

One thing we can do without.

We've had a great start with impressive results despite some unimpressive play. However, I'm withholding judgement because lots of game time was without Schar and without Tonali. Trippier and Gordon didn't have a proper offseason either. There was plenty of evidence last season of how the quality drops when the team gets depleted and/or fatigued.

As much as I would love to see Willock start, I cannot see it happening.  With Bunce on board, they will be managing him VERY carefully now but you could argue starting is no different from a subs role. He is an impact player though. 

Cannot see Joelinton getting dropped for him either, he is a start for Eddie when fit.

11 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think he’ll start Kelly for this. I hope to gos he starts Barnes and Tonali too. 

Pure speculation, though that never usually stops any of us, but in terms of balancing attacking options with defensive grafters, if he does go Tonali over Longstaff and Barnes over Murphy, I do think Kelly over Hall is likely. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny